Finish It Up Friday ~ Twist!

I’m so excited to share this finish with you today! As you may remember, this quilt all started with a jelly roll that Daughter #3 gave me for Mother’s Day this year. img_6350

I loved the fabrics and enjoyed coming up with a block pattern in EQ7 that would use pretty much every little bit of it!  And here it is!

I used a pantograph by Patricia Ritter called Time Warp on this.

I love the texture it gave! And it was easier to stitch than it looks.

I used an Ikea sheet for the backing and white Glide thread for the quilting.

The binding was a find from SAS Fabrics in Phoenix. I think It is a Michael Miller print.

The white fabric is also from Ikea. I’ve started buying this by the bolt!

If I were to make this again, I think I would use two different prints in the blocks to emphasize the twist. For this project, I love it as is!

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with  Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom QuiltsChezzetcooks,  Fort Worth Fabric StudioSew Can She, Busy Hands

This entry was posted in Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Pantographs, Precuts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Twist!

1. Kathi says:

What a GREAT finish you got using that jellyroll and some yardage! Totally lovely Katy 🙂

2. Betsy says:

It is a great finish. I love the quilting too

3. Preeti says:

Love everything about this quilt – the colors, the pattern and definitely the quilting. Congratulations on a fabulous finish!!!

4. Kathy D says:

What a gorgeous, fun quilt! I really love how you arranged the colors so they kind of “wave” across the quilt, and the quilting seems to wave, too. So here’s “waving” back at you – wonderful job!

5. Val W says:

Fabulous quilt! I love how you sorted the colors and gradated them in the quilt. You certainly got a lot of mileage out of a jelly roll!

6. that is a stunning quilt – great job!

7. piecefulwendy says:

What a cheery, bright quilt! I am amazed at how quickly you put a quilt together. It is absolutely lovely!

8. Joy says:

I love everything about this quilt.

9. I usually shy away from jelly rolls because I can’t quite ‘picture’ what kind of design I would make. This one is just perfect!! and I’ve been eyeing the Basic Mixologie line!! Beautiful quilt with beautiful quilting!!

10. Jen says:

Where can I find the pattern for this? I LOVE this design! I have the PERFECT jellyroll for this.

11. Jayne says:

I love it as is too! What an amazing design for a jelly roll! I don’t think I would change anything…nothing!

12. Sandra B says:

Amazing quilt, Katy! Love everything about it….the fabric, the pattern, and the awesome quilting! I really like the way you have grouped similar colors together, rather than spreading over the quilt …. great look!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

13. Janet O. says:

Just so fresh and lovely looking, with the perfect quilting panto. Took me a minute to get what you meant about using two different fabrics to emphasize the twist (I’m slow on the uptake), but I think it is a beauty just as it is!

So Beautiful! I love your quilt, the fabrics are so fresh looking against the white. Hugs,

15. Rochelle Summers says:

Such a beautiful quilt. I like the look of each of the twists and the way the colors are aligned diagonally on the quilt. I don’t live near an Ikea (maybe I should be grateful) but I see some of the most interesting quilts incorporating their fabric/sheets.

16. Clara says:

Do you mind sharing the size of the squares and rectangles that you cut for this awesome block? Your quilt is gorgeous. I love the rainbow gradation.

17. anudge says:

what a beautiful quilt!

18. That’s a great quilt! I love both the fabric and the block! And, I’m quite a bit jealous of the speed with which you got this quilt finished!

19. Our ikea does not have fabric by the yard😡 I love your quilt I did not think you could make a quilt that size from a jelly roll.

20. Sharon A Browne says:

What a gorgeous quilt Katy! The fabric is perfect, especially the way you displayed the colors and I love the design. Bonnie Hunter has the same design she calls Garlic Knots that she makes in two fabrics each that I have been wanting to make as soon as I can finish up a few WIPs. It looks like a lot of fun. The quilting panto you used is just perfect for the quilt. I love it! I don’t know how you get so much accomplished. You must sew around the clock. You are very motivating.

21. Ariane says:

This quilt is beautiful. I love the quilting on it too.

Oh, my WORD!! I love, love, love it, Katy!! Great job!

23. Denise Boysel says:

Love the quilt.Colors that pop to me first are the purples, oranges, cheddars and then the teals.Still working on mineDenise

24. Christine says:

Such a beautiful quilt!! Love the pattern, fabric, and quilting!! Such an awesome job!!!

25. Phyllis Wyckoff says:

Is there a way for me to purchase this pattern?

26. Linda says:

wow, this is really cool. I’ve never seen this pattern with white as a negative, cool!

27. Patricia says:

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love your white background, color play and quilting! All told – a lovely finish!

28. Wow I agree you are inspiring! There’s nothing about this quilt that isn’t fascinating!

29. Janine Smith says:

I love everything about this quilt. The pattern is wonderful and the fabrics and quilting make it perfect.

30. Jasmine says:

This is beautiful. I really like how you arranged the blocks.

31. I had to think for a minute what you meant by putting two different prints in a block to emphasize the twist, but I get it now. That would look really nice! Feel free to link to Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts.

32. Great finish. It’s so colourful. We’re getting an Ikea next year — hoping it has lots of fabric.

33. Adrienne says:

Fabulous finish! I am always wondering what to do with those Jelly Roles. So inspiring. And the quilting…holy moly! So great. Thanks for participating in the Linky Party!

34. Julia says:

I also just love it! If you ever do a tutorial please let me know!

35. dawn tornes says:

Beautiful colors and design!

36. Pingback: Best of 2016 | KatyQuilts