I needed to evict some serious dust bunnies from the quilting room last week. I decided to try rearranging a few things in the process. I really wanted more design wall space. My sewing room is very large, but wall space is at a premium. I also wanted to get my Singer 201 out where I could use it.
So first, I cleared off my bulletin board and covered it with a Fons & Porter Design Wall sheet. And moved my large sewing desk so I could reach the wall.
I moved the sewing desk to the island and dropped a 301 in it.
And my 201 is uncovered and ready for use over here.
I also picked up a quilt ladder at a recent garage sale. It will do nicely to hold WIPs without having them moved out of sight.
You can see pictures of how this all looked when I first moved into this room here.
I love rearranging things, but most of the big things in my room are very much fixed in place, like the long arm and computer area. We’ll see how this goes. I’m still pondering possible changes. At least it is a lot cleaner than it was!