Slow Stitching Sunday ~ More Daisies

Thank you all for the suggestions regarding needles and thread for this project. I ended up using pearl cotton in size 8 and a chenille needle (can’t remember the size).

I am loving these! And I am  really and truly enjoying the handwork here.

I never thought I would say that about applique!

I’m working on getting my stitches more even, but I am certainly not stressing out about it.

It is going so much faster than I expected. I might actually get these done this month! So far, I have 10 of 20 complete!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

17 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ More Daisies

1. Fun flowers! They look great! That’s pretty nice stitching there.

2. Charlotte says:

I’m so glad I came across your blog and had the chance to see your neat stitches. I’m thinking of using this type of applique this winter and it helped to see how it’s used. It’s very pretty!

3. Love everything to do with these daisies!! You hit them out of the ball park~!

4. Very nice decision from last week

5. Sandra B says:

Your stitches look pretty even to me, Katy!
    Cannot wait to see them all done! Great project for slow stitching….
    I am working on my Gwennie inspired medallion this afternoon…It’s a toss-up whether I’ll get it totally caught up, but I am still hopeful! Fingers crossed for sure!

6. It looks fantastic! And even better that you are enjoying it!!

7. Julierose says:

Just lovely daisies–great choice of fabrics that look very vintage…nice work–hugs, Julierose

8. anudge says:

Lovely!

Your stitching is fabulous, Katy! I’m glad you’re enjoying the process.

10. Oh these look really great! I found making larger stitches after learning to make small hand quilting stitches difficult until I stop fretting about a little uneveness. I think your stitches look quite perfect , just keep up the great work.

11. karenlogcabinquilter says:

Your little black stitches are so even and neat.

12. Pat Evans says:

Your stitches look pretty fine to me.

13. CathieJ says:

Those scrappy flowers are beautiful. I love how you are stitching them. It seems perfect for those sort of retro fabrics.

14. Gail says:

What a great way to enhance your daisies!

15. Cécile says:

Very beautiful stitches Katy ! Lucky you to have found these cute blocks !

16. Lori M says:

GORGEOUS!!!! Love these Daisies!!

17. Kathi says:

Katy, I love the big stitching on these daisies and the 4 of them together really looks cool! I am glad you have half of them done already!! Look forward to seeing how you set these beautiful blocks you rescued from your stash! Kathi