Finish It Up Friday ~ Military Mystery Quilt!

Spending just an hour a week over six weeks to make this top, made it seem effortless! Once I got the top done, I was quite motivated to get the quilting done as well.

I made my borders just a touch wider than the pattern called for.

This backing fabric is the same stuff I used on my Dear Betty quilt a few months back.

Alycia from Alycia Quilts was the mastermind behind this mystery. Check out her blog for  lots of pictures of beautiful Quilts of Valor!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictSew Can She, A Quilted PassionQuokka Quilts

This entry was posted in Finishes, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Military Mystery Quilt!

1. Kathy D. says:

I love the way this one turned out, and your fabric choices were spot on. This is the first of Alycia’s mysteries I’ve jumped in on before all the clues were posted (I’m not big on surprises when it comes to quilting), and it won’t be the last. Looking forward to her next mystery!

2. I love this quilt. Some of the patriotic quilts are so over the top stars and stripe fabric. This is beautiful. I love the border, it just brings it so together.

3. Kathi Riemer says:

What a great quilt! What a great idea, 1 hour per day. I think I’ll try that….pinned.

Beautiful quilt and quilting! Hugs,

5. Really pretty, Katy! Your quilting is amazing. I’m trying not to be jealous!

I *love* this quilt, Katy!! I’m surprised to hear it went together that quickly. One lucky guy or gal will be very happy to receive it.

7. Sandra B says:

Great finish, Katy!
    The fabrics are just perfect, and the quilting pattern is awesome….Love this quilt!!
    Thanks for sharing!

8. anudge says:

Beautiful, Katy. I’ve sent your link over to our local QOV.

9. Janet O. says:

Really a nice design!

10. piecefulwendy says:

The quilt is really pretty; I like the simple design. The quilting design you used really finishes off the quilt well! Nicely done!

11. I’m really inspired by your quilting design! Does it have a name? I think those repeating curves ending in spiky points are really neat and add so much movement.

12. Sarah Craig says:

That’s beautiful, Katy – and just perfect for Quilts of Valor! Whoop whoop!!

13. This is amazing. Great pattern.

14. Zenia Rene says:

Nice finish and great pics! Thanks for sharing.

15. lynndon3 says:

Beautifully done! Can’t wait to quilt mine!