Slow Stitching Sunday

This was the only project I took with me during our travels last weekend. That way, I  HAD to work on it! I still don’t really enjoy English paper piecing. The good news is, I am nearing the finish line! I just have one more row to finish.

Here is a look at the back with most of the papers still in.

I have to decide if I am going to add more of the little squares around the outside edge. But I am already thinking about borders.

I love the fabric above. It was a gift from a sweet bloggy friend. I love the next piece too but it may be a bit too busy.

This one has too much cream in it.

The next one is more green than gray in real life.  I think it really makes the honeycomb pieces pop.

This gray isn’t bad either.

And I know I said I was done with EPP when this one was done….but I received a lovely gift in the mail from Ila (no blog), and I think it wants an EPP frame like my Brinton Hall quilt. What do you think?

Isn’t it gorgeous? Time to stop playing and start stitching.

Linking up with Quilting is More Fun than HouseworkKathy’s Quilts

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, EPP, Hand piecing, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Cécile says:

Your little quilt is very cute !
    The choice for the border fabric won’t be easy because they are all beautiful, but i’m sure you will find the perfect one ! 😉
    Happy Sunday !

2. Kathi says:

I love how your quilt is coming along… I look forward to seeing how you do your border and if you continue the diamonds… If I did EPP it would be a couple hexi flowers or something like THIS to showcase it.. thanks for sharing your backside … helps me visualize it better in the making! 🙂
    Have a good day! Kathi

3. Kathy ... aka Nana says:

Wow, so many gorgeous options for you to choose from! I can’t wait to see which one you select.

Boy, that panel deserves something spectacular to surround it.

4. CathieJ says:

I like the fourth background fabric the best. Your EPP is just beautiful, as is that gorgeous fabric gift.

5. love it – very nice EPP I like that last piece you show

6. Chantal says:

Love seeing the back of your project. It has an interesting design in it. Personally, I would go with the last grey, from my computer screen, it looks the best. Ila’s fabric is AWESOME!! WOW! Of course it needs a hexi frame a la Brinton Hall. You are not done with EPP just yet, lol. Enjoy! ;^)

7. SO pretty and I prefer the gray as well. It was fun seeing the back too ! 🙂

8. jennyfur66 says:

You have a lot of background choices. Love the quilt!

9. Monique D (B-Maransart) says:

J’aime beaucoup ta courtepointe et le premier tissu de fond également même si les autres tissus iront aussi. C’est un choix difficile mais suis certaines que tu feras le bon.
    Amicalement.

10. Wow… total gorgeousness!
    Love all those choices…you can’t go wrong!

11. Sandra B says:

Love this little EPP project, Katy! You have some great choices for a border….looking forward to seeing which one you pick!
    That was some happy mail you received from Ila….cannot wait to see what you decide to do with it!
    I am working on my Gwennie project for slow stitching this afternoon…. I am still trying to catch up! I am determined to do so….we will see if I succeed!

12. Karen Martin says:

What a fun little quilt–I agree the colors pop on the gray!

13. Awesome little quilt. My border choice would be the very last one you auditioned!

14. Deb says:

I’ve loved watching this one grow. I’m sure you will pick the perfect border for this. Good luck.

15. anudge says:

Definitely on that gorgeous gift. I like the cute EPPs on the last grey. Safe travels home.

I love your little quilt the colors are great! I love that piece of fabric you showed, it’s gorgeous. Hugs,

17. LoriD says:

Wow! I love it!

18. What do you think of the idea of using the same fabric as the squares for an inner border to let your piecing appear to float? Then, adding another smaller border from the fabrics auditioned here to frame it.

19. Beautiful handwork! Can’t wait to see the finished product!