Printed Fabric Panels

Have you ever used panels in quilts? My first “quilt” was a pre-quilted Snoopy panel and I only had to add binding to finish it. I can’t say I did a very good job of that, but my son didn’t care! I made several quilts early on using panels, but after a while, I began to look on them with disdain. In the last few years, I have come back around and decided I love them again. I used one in this bow tie quilt.

And I have another one that I purchased last summer that I just love:

IMG_4534

Well, last week a bloggy friend decided to de-stash a bit and I bought some lovely pieces of yardage from her. When I opened the package, I  found these lovely panels inside that she had sent along as a gift!

Aren’t they amazing? I just love them all! And she could not have known, but they came in the middle of a tough few days. Thanks, Barb!

I hope your day brings a surprise blessing as well!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Printed Fabric Panels

1. Kathi says:

Lovely panels you were gifted… and what about what you bought from her too?? Do we wait to see new fabrics appear in your work? lol! Glad this package of fun stuff showed up just when you needed it too! Our country needs more patriotic stuff… I am glad you have some now! Have a blessed weekend Katy! Kathi

2. Cécile says:

Oh my…they are beautiful ! Barb is a sweetheart….
    And I have never done a quilt with a panel but…never say never !

3. Luann says:

Katy,
    I know how an unexpected blessing can lighten the load on a tough day. Your blog has done that for me several times. We never know just how big a small thing can be! May God keep your entire family safe.

4. Julierose says:

Beautiful panel quilt with those bow ties–just perfect pairing…you have a lot of really nice panels to work with now..hugs, Julierose

What a wonderful surprise to get in your package! I made a QOV last fall and used a panel in the center and built up blocks around it. I was so happy with how it turned out. I now think of panels in a different light. Have a good weekend. Hugs,

I love your little bow tie quilt and can’t wait to see what you end up doing with your gifted panels. I especially love the Old Glory one but they’re all wonderful. It was very thoughtful of Barb. I’m glad it brightened your day.

7. anudge says:

Those are great panels. I love that first one with a red background. Perfect for broderie perse. Blessings and hugs to you and yours.

8. Those are lovely!

9. Barb Vedder says:

I’m so glad you were delighted with the panels. It is funny, but quite a few strange intuitions have come out of my sewing room. I sent a FQ to England that day too and Sue was working on a project with the same toile and needed just a little bit more. I love when the world works that way!
    xoxo Hope all is well.