WIP Wednesday ~ Leaders/Enders

Did you see that Bonnie Hunter has announced her Leader/Ender Challenge for this year? You can find out the details here. Last year it was tumblers and this year she has chosen hour glass blocks. Oddly enough, I had already started making hour glass blocks back in May and have been using them as leaders/enders of late.

I am up to 132 blocks that will finish at 5 inches. I have 16 more cut out and ready to sew.

Now, do I cut some more? Or just find another leader/ender project.

img_4905

I could make a decent size twin quilt with what I have sewn and cut now if I add borders. But I also have more of these repro 1930s prints stashed away that I could cut up.

Decisions, decisions.

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts, Quilt Fabrication

This entry was posted in Leader/Ender, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to WIP Wednesday ~ Leaders/Enders

1. piecefulwendy says:

I was out browsing through a thrift shop last Friday and came across two cute little 6″ enamel pans, along with an enamel topped rolling cart. I immediately wished I could call you and ask if you wanted them. 🙂 I was sorely tempted on the little pans, but I left them. (Yes, kinda regretting that.) Your hourglass blocks are cuties, by the way.

2. Donna says:

These are adorable in 30’s. You can always make two tops if you cut more! I need a L/E project, too, and I was just going to do 4 patch. These look like more fun! By the way, just love the QOV top that you quilted with the feathers. It is beautiful.

3. anudge says:

Looks like I should buy a bolt of Kona Snow. Lovely idea.

4. Heidi says:

With the coincidence of Bonnie’s announcement, kinda seems like more of these cuties are destined!

5. wow! What an adorable quilt! I love it!

6. Kat Scribner says:

Yes, I saw the L/E post and I really like her rendition of a quilt …… so that is my next plan. Now just trying to decide which method to use to make the units…..too many choices so days. Some of your 30’s fabric looks like they came from my stash. LOL

7. Alycia says:

You are a trendsetter – ha ha – What size are those? is it an accuquilt go die too?