Throwback Thursday ~ Art Quilts

Some more quilts from the closet! These were both juried in to a local art show a few years back.

The first one is called Latitude. As I was making this, I was thinking about how much latitude or freedom we give to others, how far we allow them into our personal space mentally and emotionally.

I hand dyed all the fabrics in this one.

I was into the funky grid even then! Here is a look at the back.

This next one is called Une Semaine, which means a week in French. This one actually won an award in the show with a cash prize, kaching!

I love the quilting on this. I need to do this again.

Hope you enjoyed this look back. Have a great day.

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Art Quilts, Throwback Thursday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Throwback Thursday ~ Art Quilts

1. Sandra B says:

These are both great, Katy!
    The first one is my favorite of the two….the colors in your hand dyed fabrics are so vibrant….

2. Judy in MO says:

The hand dyed fabrics are beautiful!

3. piecefulwendy says:

I like them both, but Latitude is really nice. I like the colors, the design, the whole thing! You are one talented lady!

4. Fabulous! I need to stretch my quilting latitudes! Love them both.

I love them both! The quilting on the second one is really neat. Hugs,

6. Melanie says:

Thank you for the look-back. As a new subscriber, I love seeing past posts and quilting projects I may have missed and your thoughts on making them! Thank you, Katy.

7. Cécile says:

Your keyboard quilt is unusual but sooo cute ! 😉

8. Barb Vedder says:

Wonderful wonderful solid quilts!!

9. Like these. I need a little latitude quilt to look at daily these days