WIP Wednesday!

I am still  undecided about how to set the 4 patch diamonds, so I decided to give that project a rest. Having my leader/ender blocks done really made me want to dive into that project anyway. There are 64 blocks total to be set 8 by 8. I started piecing the top into quarters since I hate sewing those long seams. Here is one quarter section.

I can’t remember if I shared this machine with you all or not. I picked it up at a yard sale a few weeks ago for just $5! A bit of cleaning and she runs like a charm!

My new cart came in handy for this project too. This top is VERY heavy with all of those seams and I am using the cart to support the weight of the top while sewing it together.

That’s a lot of seams!

It feels like this has come together very quickly, but in fact, I started cutting scraps for this way back in February. It won’t take long to get the hour glass blocks that I am currently using for leaders/enders done so I need to start thinking about the next one.

Linking up with Sew Fresh QuiltsQuilt Fabrication, A Quilting Chick

This entry was posted in Leader/Ender, Scraps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to WIP Wednesday!

1. Carolyn Sands says:

Great looking quilt and an even greater bargain finding a Singer 301 for $5!!

2. Those scraps look fabulous with the grey. This is going to be one big beauty when you get this finished. Love your new sewing machine, Katy. What a bargain!

3. Quiltmouse says:

You got a DEAL! with that sewing machine!! Don’t you just love it when projects start getting heavy – that means you are getting closer to having them done. The cart works beautifully as a side arm to carry the top.

4. Jayne says:

Isn’t it amazing how heavy a quilt is with so many pieces and blocks?! I love your quilt, and especially seeing all those lovely seams!

5. Oh my, there are a lot of seams! It is wonderful and I know just what you mean by wanting to jump into a new project! Can’t wait to see what you pick.

6. Susan says:

That is one terrific leader/ender quilt – and yes, a lot of seams! You’re new acquisition is a beauty. And for only $5! You got a deal! Thanks for linking up at Midweek Makers

7. Linda Smith says:

Katy, I have the same sewing machine. My mother made my baby clothes on it in the 50’s. Love it. It works like a champ.

8. Sharon A Browne says:

I really love that quilt and I am so jealous of that black 301! I can’t believe it was only $5.00 and it runs too! They are supposed to be really good, dependable machines. You are so lucky! Congrats!