WIP Wednesday!

I am still  undecided about how to set the 4 patch diamonds, so I decided to give that project a rest. Having my leader/ender blocks done really made me want to dive into that project anyway. There are 64 blocks total to be set 8 by 8. I started piecing the top into quarters since I hate sewing those long seams. Here is one quarter section.

I can’t remember if I shared this machine with you all or not. I picked it up at a yard sale a few weeks ago for just $5! A bit of cleaning and she runs like a charm!

My new cart came in handy for this project too. This top is VERY heavy with all of those seams and I am using the cart to support the weight of the top while sewing it together.

That’s a lot of seams!

It feels like this has come together very quickly, but in fact, I started cutting scraps for this way back in February. It won’t take long to get the hour glass blocks that I am currently using for leaders/enders done so I need to start thinking about the next one.

Linking up with Sew Fresh QuiltsQuilt Fabrication, A Quilting Chick

This entry was posted in Leader/Ender, Scraps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to WIP Wednesday!

1. Joanne says:

Any idea how much gray fabric was needed for your scrappy rectangle?

2. Sharon A Browne says:

I really love that quilt and I am so jealous of that black 301! I can’t believe it was only $5.00 and it runs too! They are supposed to be really good, dependable machines. You are so lucky! Congrats!

3. Linda Smith says:

Katy, I have the same sewing machine. My mother made my baby clothes on it in the 50’s. Love it. It works like a champ.

4. Susan says:

That is one terrific leader/ender quilt – and yes, a lot of seams! You’re new acquisition is a beauty. And for only $5! You got a deal! Thanks for linking up at Midweek Makers

5. Oh my, there are a lot of seams! It is wonderful and I know just what you mean by wanting to jump into a new project! Can’t wait to see what you pick.

6. Jayne says:

Isn’t it amazing how heavy a quilt is with so many pieces and blocks?! I love your quilt, and especially seeing all those lovely seams!

7. Quiltmouse says:

You got a DEAL! with that sewing machine!! Don’t you just love it when projects start getting heavy – that means you are getting closer to having them done. The cart works beautifully as a side arm to carry the top.

8. Those scraps look fabulous with the grey. This is going to be one big beauty when you get this finished. Love your new sewing machine, Katy. What a bargain!

9. Carolyn Sands says:

Great looking quilt and an even greater bargain finding a Singer 301 for $5!!