DWMonday ~ 4 Patch Diamonds

Remember this? I have worked on it! In fact, I have 63 diamonds pieced now.

I love my accuquilt cutter for cutting these pieces out. I don’t use any pins. And honestly, most of my points look like this:

Here is the back:

Not all of them look that good, but they are close enough that I decided not to bother with pins.

I thought about putting them together like this:

But I think I like the alternate block look better.

I found this stripy piece in my stash and decided to audition it for the big diamonds. Hmmmm….

Maybe I will piece it like this instead:
 Or maybe like this:

Or maybe I will go in a totally different direction. Stay tuned.

Linking up with Em’s Scrap BagLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsPatchwork Times

This entry was posted in Accuquilt Studio Cutter, Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to DWMonday ~ 4 Patch Diamonds

1. Love the alternate block setting and the fabric is perfect!

2. Sandra B says:

Cannot decide which I like best!! Looking forward to seeing what you decide!!
    Love the fabrics….

3. piecefulwendy says:

Honestly, those points make getting an accuquilt cutter awfully enticing. I like the stripe fabric. As always, I look forward to seeing the finish!

4. You have done such a good job on the diamonds. I would prefer a solid, as I feel the stripes are too busy. Just a thought.

5. I like the look of alternating blocks. Although I would probably choose a “quieter” fabric … a solid or a subtle print as the stripes are a little too busy. But that’s merely my opinion … I’m sure,thetmwhatevermyiumchoose,will be fabulous!

6. Jan Horn says:

Katy–what kind of accuquilt cutter do you have. I’ve been thinking about buying one but have heard mixed reviews. Jan/WI

7. Kate says:

Beautiful diamond blocks. It’s hard to pick a setting, I like all of them.

8. Your diamonds look fantastic. I have that die for my cutter and the one and only time I used it, it was a big fail. There must be a trick to sewing those pieces together? I need to research it…. I’m looking forward to seeing how you decide to finish this Katy.

9. gayleburton says:

I’ve only made a quilt with diamonds once – they’re kinda scary with those bias edges – but your four patches look wonderful. Maybe I’ll get brave and try one too!

10. Emily Bailey says:

Your diamond blocks look great! Really like it with the alternate block.

11. Linda Dutch says:

I love your diamond blocks with those little ‘pops’ of pink! I can’t decide which setting either, look forward to seeing what you do.

12. Bonnie in Va says:

Yea for great diamond blocks. Hum … I’m not sure I would ever try diamonds without the accucut die. Maybe I’ll add it to my list of dies I must buy sometime! I like the solid looking fabric more than the stripes… just my opinion. Go with what you like!