Bargains

Hubby and I recently spent some time shopping at our favorite closeout stores. There is a small chain of them here in Michigan and you never know what you will find there.

At one, I found some of this:

It is for piecing together scrap batting into useable sizes. With my long arm, I end up with TONS of scraps. I usually zig zag the pieces together but this is much faster. I have use it once so far and it was very easy. It runs over $5 each at JoAnn’s but I got 9 rolls for 80 cents each. I would never buy and use this at full price, I am way too cheap. But at this price, I couldn’t leave it.

I also picked up these badge reels. They are so handy for thread snips!

I also found this. I haven’t made many bags, I prefer to sew quilts. but I was intrigued by this product. I might use if for making more Pixie baskets.

I’ve been wanting to try out this batting blend so it was nice to get a crib sized batt at a bargain price.

And yes, I did just buy an iron like this!  Knowing how many irons I go through, hubby said to buy it so I had a spare. For $26, I decided to go for it.

We also stopped at a few yard sales on our travels. I found these Denyse Schmidt fabrics at one.

And this pile of zippers for $2 at another.

Not a bad little haul! have you found any wonderful bargains in unexpected places?

12 Responses to Bargains

1. Lois Stimax says:

I found a yard sale with vintage watches for 25 cents a piece. I could kick myself for not buying every single one there!

2. Sandra B says:

Sounds like quite a successful day…..great finds!!
    I really like those two fabrics…looking forward to seeing them in a future project!

3. Diane says:

Your my kind of shopper. Diane

4. piecefulwendy says:

You found some great items! The zipper stash was a good find; I just bought a bunch of them for much more than you paid. The yellow and grey fabric — can’t wait to see what you do with them! Now I want to go bargain shopping!

Great Finds! Hugs,

6. anudge says:

You found great bargains!

7. Diane says:

Amazing! The Bosal product and all the rest were great buys. What is the name of the store?

8. Nancy says:

Katy, was the close-out store a local or national one? If national, what store was it? I’d like to find some bargains like yours!

9. Cathy says:

I’m intrigued. I’m in Michigan too. What close-out store is it. You got some great bargins. Hugs

10. What a day you had!! Haven’t come across any bargains recently – must try looking harder!

11. Terri Bertalan says:

Looks like you had a great bargain hunting day with hubby 🙂