Finsh It Up Friday ~ Dear Betty

It all started with this Christmas gift from Daughter #1.

IMG_1454

I immediately loved it, but it took me a while to find the perfect pattern for it. I finally settled on this traditional Rolling Star pattern.

These blocks are a whopping 18 inches finished.  I wanted the fabrics to really shine here.

I need a good place to hang a big quilt for pictures!

I used my pattern boards to quilt this with a Baptist Fan design. Here is the backing, it is part of a duvet cover I found on clearance. The pattern and color were perfect!

I just love the texture that the quilting gives.

I used Superior Mono-poly thread on top and white magna Glide Classic in the bobbin. It is currently living in my guest room.

Sorry for the picture overload, but I love this texture!

I love leaving the door open and walking by this room.

I didn’t end up using all the fabrics in that bundle, so another quilt from this will be coming somewhere down the road.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom Quilts, Sew Can She

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Finsh It Up Friday ~ Dear Betty

1. Lynn says:

Oh Wow, that just looks gorgeous. Great use of those fabrics and the quilting is wonderful. I can understand the walking past – big smiles!

2. Ramona says:

It’s beautiful! It really showcases those gorgeous fabrics nicely. Congrats! on your finish.

3. Linda Mincher says:

Wow! That is a fabulous quilt and I love the quilting too!

4. Vicki in MN says:

I’d say that is the perfect pattern for these fabrics, really pretty!

5. Sandra B says:

What an amazing quilt!! Love that pattern, and the fabrics are beautiful….the yellow binding is a perfect choice…and you know I love the Baptist Fan quilting!

6. Carolyn says:

Love it! Reminds me of reincarnation of the old family quilts from the thirties!

7. Beautiful! I love the texture too. The Baptist Fan is a perfect finish for this. How lucky you are to have a daughter that knows your tastes!

8. Cécile says:

Congrats for this wonderful finish Katy and the quilting is just awesome !

9. Angie Kiker says:

It’s a wonderful quilt! I’ve never heard of Rolling Star. The quilting looks wonderful too!

10. Katy, what a great choice of pattern! I love how it looks in the bedroom you chose for it. Fun headboard too!

Beautiful quilt and I love the Baptist Fan quilting! I love the colors in that fabric line. Hugs,

Oh, my goodness! Another winner, Katy! The yellow corner stones and binding really make it pop! That would make a great Quilt of Valor.

13. This is fantastic no wonder you love walking past the door! I am working towards having a quilt on every bed in our house

14. ~Deb says:

Absolutely stunning, Miss Katie!

The fabrics are soooo yummy and the quilting…Perfection! Enjoy 😉
    ~Deb

15. Wow oh wow! Absolutely fabulous! I love it!

16. Beverly Parrish says:

Everyone has said it, WOW, Fabulous, Beautiful Perfection, etc. I haven’t found words that are missing to describe this quilt. LOVE LOVE IT!!!. You said you need to have a good place to hang your quilts for pictures, I’ll volunteer my house. LOL!!!!! Have a fantastic Memorial Weekend.

17. Wow. I really like this. Great pattern and great quilting. Will have to go find this pattern.

18. Patti says:

i just think the red & the blue really make the other blocks pop!

19. Janet O. says:

Very fun finish, Katy! Looks splendid on the guest bed–I’ll be right over to spend the night under it. : )

20. Sharon A Browne says:

This quilt is gorgeous! The fabrics and design give it a vintage look which I love. It especially looks good on the bed. Wonderful job.

21. Stunning quilt and the Baptist fans do add wonderful texture ☺

22. JanineMarie says:

You can never have too many pictures of a wonderful finish!!

23. Paula says:

Absolutely beautiful!

24. Impressive! This is a fantastic quilt!

25. Barb Vedder says:

the large baptist fan looks great on this quilt! It is such a great pattern for traditional quilts. Wonderful photos!

26. Pingback: Best of 2016 | KatyQuilts