WIP Wednesday ~ Black and White

Have you figured it out yet? I had to cut up a bunch more inch and a half squares.

I’m using this fusible grid product.

I placed all my squares on the grid in my chosen pattern.

Then I placed a piece of parchment paper over the top and used my iron to fuse them in place.

That’s as far as I got yesterday. I’m hoping to start sewing today. I sure hope this all works out as planned! Stay tuned!

Linking up with Sew Fresh QuiltsQuilt Fabrication

13 Responses to WIP Wednesday ~ Black and White

1. piecefulwendy says:

I’m not sure what you’re doing, but you’ve definitely got me curious. All those little squares!

2. redeemedsheep says:

That fusible grid is really cool! I’ll have to get some to try sometime!

3. Kathy D. says:

Saw that fusible grid at Ann Arbor Sewing over the weekend; now I get to see it in action!

4. Jayne says:

This is so interesting!! Will you then sew the seams or does it stay as is?! I’m so curious…hurry…I need to see more!!

I made a floral design using the fusible grid years ago and it turned out beautifully. I found the cutting the intersecting seams to be tedious but I was always in a rush back then. haha I look forward to seeing your design.

6. Wendy Reed says:

Looks like it could be a crossword puzzle. That would really be fun! I have never used fusible. I take that back, I did try it once and ruined my iron. I found out you have to be smarter than the product you are using… Can’t wait to see what this becomes.

7. Yvonne says:

I’ve heard about this fusible grid paper. Looking forward to seeing progress on this!

8. Kate Heads says:

I know nothing about fusible grid paper and it’s piqued my interest. That’s a wicked looking iron you have there.
    Smiles
    Kate

9. Patti says:

This is looking interesting for sure. I used that method years ago in a class doing a lone star.
    It was so long ago, I don’t remember why I didn’t use it again. But I think it was nice to line up each row. I should be using it on my current HST QOV.

10. Those are some tiny squares…wow… I have used this which is great to help with accurate piecing, but then the quilt is a bit stiff.

11. This looks very interesting. You have me intrigued!

12. Kate says:

So many little squares! Looks like lots of stitching.

13. Susan says:

No fair! You’re keeping us guessing!