Leader/Ender Update

I haven’t shared the progress on my leader/ender blocks in a while. This shows four blocks put together.img_1662-1

Each rectangle was cut 2  inches by 3 1/2 inches. I sew twosies as leaders/enders and when this little pan looks full, I stop and make a 12 inch block.img_3502

It doesn’t take long to make one or two blocks and is a good thing to do when I have a few minutes to fill.  I think I will stop at 64 blocks for a quilt 96 by 96. Maybe. I might change my mind. At this point, I have 41 blocks made. Here is what they look like all together.

I have really enjoyed making these and consider this project my first real success at using leaders/enders to create a whole new quilt.

Linking up with A Quilting Chick, Quilting is More Fun Than Housework

This entry was posted in Leader/Ender, Scraps. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Leader/Ender Update

1. piecefulwendy says:

What a great idea, and a fun way to use up scraps. I need to get organized and do this.

2. Wow, you are making so much progress on this Katy! 96×96 is a BIG quilt….my husband loves big quilts. He thinks I never make mine big enough!

3. knitnkwilt says:

Looks good. That gray is a great alternate rectangle! (My leaders and enders are rather dormant, but not forgotten.)

4. Diane says:

A grand mosaic!

5. My leader ender attempts typically end up as “let’s work on this full time” projects. I keep trying, but so far none of mine have stayed leader-ender very long. Your blocks look GREAT!

6. susanna0841 says:

Love it Katy, and the gray is perfect. Did you pursuance the gray and if so how much. 🙂

7. susanna0841 says:

Purchase 🙂

8. Wow! It’s beautiful!

9. This looks great! I really like the irregular placement of colors. Too often, I think a quilt can look too planned. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

10. Ivani Vieira says:

it looks great!!!!

11. Dolores says:

It’s so pretty. It’s going to be a big quilt. What a great way to use up scraps

12. Marie says:

Love it! The blue-grey blocks really show off your prints nicely.

13. Linda Dutch says:

Love that last photo, it looks wonderful! and big!

14. Vic in NH says:

Thank you for showing the whole design wall, it is very impressive!

15. Alycia says:

Umm WOW!!!!

16. anudge says:

A great leader/ender project!

17. Shelley says:

Love this scrappy quilt! What is the grey fabric you used to offset all the bright colors? I’m making a scrappy Irish chain right now with primarily super bright Kaffe Fassett fabrics, and im struggling to find the setting fabrics. Thanks!