Slow Stitching Mother’s Day!

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you moms out there! I hope you all have a lovely day ahead. I hope to get some slow stitching in after church today on this.

I have gotten a bit farther since this photo was taken. Later on, we will be going over to Daughter #1’s house for a cook out. After that, I’m hoping to finish loading this quilt and get started quilting it.

Yesterday, this happened:

Beautiful Daughter #3 graduated Summa Cum Laude with a BA in Communications. She already has her job lined up and will start after a well deserved week off. We spent Friday night and some time last night getting the last of her stuff moved to her new apartment. Monday Daughter #1 and I will go help finish unpacking and getting her settled. This girl is nothing short of amazing! She is a world changer!

This cute little guy came to graduation and was good as gold throughout!

Spring has finally, truly come to Michigan. Hubby’s flowers are looking gorgeous.

And the cherry trees are blooming as well.

Have a wonderful day!

7 Responses to Slow Stitching Mother’s Day!

1. Cécile says:

Happy mother’s day to you Katy and congrats to your daughter ! This is a lovely picture !

2. piecefulwendy says:

Enjoy your day, and congratulations to your daughter! Hope you have a wonderful weekend (love that hexi quilt)!

3. Chantal says:

Happy Mother’s Day. I think this is one of the best gift a mother can get; to see her child’s success. On my blog, you asked a question but you’re a no-reply. So I’ll answer here if you don’t mind. With the help of the button stitches all around the rug, I tied some yarn to every fourth button stitch. No biggy, right? Simple but effective. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Always happy to hear others enjoy what I do.
    Congrats to your daughter for her finished studies. Love hubby’s flowers. Gorgeous!
    ;^)

Happy Mothers Day to you too! You are having a big weekend. Enjoy the rest of your day. Hugs,

5. Happy Mother’s Day, Katy! What beautiful flowers. And congratulations to Daughter #3!

6. Melanie says:

Happy Mother’s Day! Congrats to Daughter #3 and what a cutie pie of a baby!

7. anudge says:

Happy Mother’s Day, Katy! What a precious little boy. He stole the post. Lovely flowers, too. Good to see someone is being blessed by the beauty of Spring.