A New Toy!

My dad was recently working on helping to clear out my great aunt’s house after her death at the ripe old age of 99. He came across a couple old sewing machines and set them aside for me. This Singer 301a looks like it has never been used!

There is a mirror finishing this bed.

And the case is pristine as well.

I can’t wait to sew on this beauty! I will share the other machine soon.

Linking up with Mel’s Quilting Room

27 Responses to A New Toy!

1. How nice! I would have to remember how to wind a bobbin on that but those older steel ones can’t be beat.

2. Cรฉcile says:

Wow….lucky you !! ^^

3. Kathy D. says:

What a beauty, and a great addition your collection. It’s in amazing shape!

4. Carolyn Sands says:

I sew on my Singer 301 all of the time! It’s my favorite and so portable. And what a workhorse!

5. Amanda G says:

Wow! That is an amazing treasure to have found. And it has the extra bonus of being your great aunt’s.

6. Wendy Reed says:

The 301 is a fantastic machine. I’m happy to hear that it will have a good home and be lovingly used to make quilts! I’m sure your great aunt would be proud!

7. Panto Pam says:

Lucky you! I have one and she sews like a dream.

8. Sue Daurio says:

Wow that’s in amazing shape! I love my 301 and have been sewing almost exclusively on it. Can’t wait to hear what you with her and meet the other machine. Congrats on new addition

9. Wow great . so sweet of your Dad. Hope you enjoy them. What wonderful
    Condition

Holy Moley!! What a beauty. Let me know if you ever want to part with it.

11. Quiltmouse says:

Marvelous! A beautiful machine and a treasured find from a family member, making it extra special!

12. Jeanne says:

A beautiful machine! Not a pin mark or scratch on it!

Very nice! Hugs,

14. Louise says:

Love your 301…I have a black one which is in a cabinet. It stitches beautifully! My mother purchased it at an estate sale in San Diego a number of years ago. My Singer repair man at the time felt it was the best machine Singer ever produced, calling it a workhorse. I particularly like th streamline design of it. Thank you for pictures of yours..”she” is very photogenic.

15. Awesome addition to your collection. Happy sewing.

16. Nice, you were wanting a faster machine here while back. Maybe this will serve that purpose. Happy sewing.

17. Beautiful! My most used machine is a two-tone beauty just like yours. She is mounted in a Singer Spinet No. 74 cabinet with the super cool knee bar. I also purchased a second 301a at a neighbor’s estate sale. I named her after her original owner, Miss Lois, and I use her a lot too. I have two cases and they are so pretty that I display them in my living room. They are great machines! You can see them on my blog.

18. Oh wow!!!! What a wonderful machine to now receive into your household.

19. Wow, she’s a beauty!

20. Michelle says:

This is one of my favorite machines, and a LBOW as well! (Light beige oyster white). Enjoy!

21. Oh, yippee yay! What a beauty! How very sweet of your dad to get those for you. Can’t wait to see the next. ๐Ÿ˜‰

22. Lorid says:

Wow! What a treasure!

23. Terri Bertalan says:

Sorry about your loss. What a beautiful sewing machine and memories you will create with it. I’m sure your Aunt would love knowing you have it too.

24. Patti says:

very cool!

25. Peggyinno says:

If I wouldn’t have one of my own, I would be green with envy! Lol! She is an absolute beauty! Enjoy and treasure her!!

26. ~Deb says:

Oh WOW! What a beaut of a machine – LOVE the Singer 301s and yours is one of the prettiest I’ve seen in awhile. She/He does indeed look ‘untouched’…Lucky YOU! I LOVE paper piecing on mine, the feeding/sewing is perfect with NO puckers or pulls.

So sorry for the loss of your Aunt – she left you a true treasure, indeed!

Won’t you Enjoy sewing and thinking of her ๐Ÿ˜‰