DWMonday

Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend. Last Friday, I had a day off and a hot date with this layer cake.
It was a gift from my daughter last year and I have been debating what to make from it ever since. It is so hard to cut up a pristine layer cake! But cut I did. I had a plan for two different quilts and started cutting.
But I wasn’t paying enough attention and cut one group of triangles wrong. Ugh. So I changed my plans and cut my triangles smaller.

Many people ask about fabric waste with using a die cutter. This is all the waste from my layer cake. It would have been quite a bit less if I hadn’t had to recut my triangles.

I started piecing the throw quilt I am making. I sewed one 4 patch to each print square and put them up on the wall.
 I’m liking this so far!

Linking up with Patchwork Times, Love Laugh Quilt, Em’s Scrapbag

This entry was posted in Accuquilt Studio Cutter, Design Wall Monday, Precuts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to DWMonday

1. bsellers21 says:

That soft gray is the perfect compliment to the prints in the layer cake. The quilt will be fabulous, it has such a vintage feel to it!

2. Lisa says:

There are some very nice pops of colour and of design in that layer cake fabric. It looks great.

3. I like where this is going. I really like the colours and prints in that layer cake.

I really like it too! Hugs,

5. Jayne says:

It’s so pretty! I love the colors mixed with the grey and white!

6. Bonnie in Va says:

Ok, you fooled me. There are absolutely no triangles in the quilt your showing. It’s fabulous but where are the triangles going? Just curious!

7. Paige says:

Like, Bonnie asked, where are the triangles going? The layer cake fabrics look great with white and gray.

Boy! You don’t waste any time, do you?? 🙂

9. I like it too. That is a great assortment of prints in that layer cake too and the gray gives them center stage.

10. Nann says:

I like the gray/white/print design! I also like the enamelware containers for the units.

11. Julierose says:

Your throw quilt is really lovely–I like the way the gray/white 4-patches take your eye around…very nice. hugs, Julierose

12. Linda Mincher says:

Gorgeous quilt! I have found that I don’t have very much waste with the die cutter either.

13. ♥♥♥ your quilt blocks with Simply Color! I like to post pictures of how little waste there is with my Accuquilt Go! also because there is so little – not much more than squaring up fabric.

14. Love that quilt! So simple, yet so great! I’m very tempted to copy that pattern!

15. AnnieO says:

Lovely! I’ve never bought a layer cake, amazingly enough, though I have petted plenty in quilt shops and at shows. Hope your triangle rescue works out well.

16. It is a very ‘likeable’ quilt! I like layer cakes as they work out the equivalent of buying 4 charm packs for the price of three ☺

17. Em says:

That hot date turned into something beautiful.

18. lapaylor says: