What was I thinking?

I mentioned yesterday that I had more 9 patches for another baby quilt top.

Not sure what I was thinking here with this layout… It would have made more sense to have the Reds and aqua  across from each other.I’ll blame it on the cold meds and feeling under the weather this past weekend. I made more snowball blocks too. These make for a rather chaotic top!

I thought about just using the 9 patches like this:

But I would either have a very small quilt or I would have to make more blocks. I’d like to get this done so I can load and quilt both of these at the same time so I will probably stick with the first crazy option.

Linking up with The Quilting Room with Mel, Free Motion by the River, Quilt Story

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to What was I thinking?

1. the fabric line is so darling- something about reds and aquas make a quilt look so modern! the second layout still needs some tweaking: how about some sashing? do you have more of the fabric left? or just use a solid kona… do the sashing in the red and/or aqua, and the corner stone in the white solid that you’ve already used. that would make a pleasing pattern, and bring the quilt up to size. AND not be too hard!

2. Your quilting will make it beautiful! I like the red and aqua together also!

3. Kathy D says:

I rather like the first option; the red and aqua seem to travel in “waves” over the quilt. Love those colors together!

4. Judy in MO says:

Those fabrics are great together! My choice would be the one with the alternate snowball blocks. If you quilt the centers with a motif, I think you will like it.

5. Quiltmouse says:

I like both ways but I Agee, go with the snowballs. Although I usually go with a layout that is symmetrical, its fun to see how it looks “scattered”. I often second guess myself even after I have it sewn together. But I’ve learned to let it go & move on. Happy Stitching!

6. Teresa says:

The second one makes another pattern and you don’t see the nine patch.

7. Hannah says:

Not chaotic at all. The aqua and the red establish strong diagonals. It’s very nice.

8. I like the first one! 🙂

9. Susan says:

Go with the first – I like the additional snowball blocks. The baby will love it the same!

10. I like the first one. And I thought you had done it on purpose, sort of a random deliberate design. Go with it! And don’t tell. 😉

11. Jan Horn says:

Really like option 1. Go with it and don’t look back.

12. Mel says:

Oh I’ve so had the, “Just get this done and over with” projects. The first one was my favorite.