One day last week, I got the borders added to my GITP quilt.
I knew I wanted to quilt this with the Baptist fan pattern. But dang, it isn’t easy on a long arm! I even bought a panto once, but I wasn’t thrilled with it. I bought this stencil from Barb over at Fun with Barb.
It is a bit bigger than will fit my 18 inch throat. So I decided to scooch (technical term) it down to the second arc. You kind of see it in the picture above. I ended up using this to mark with.
It gets a bit messy and I cleaned my stencil every row or so.
But overall, I was pleased. Until I ran out!
Perhaps I was a bit heavy handed! I got this a couple years ago at Tuesday Morning. I don’t know if it is still available anywhere.
The first fan, I free handed.
The next one I used a curved template to guide my stitching.
Not perfect, but good enough! And no, I didn’t rip out the first one. It took most of the day on Friday to get this quilted.
I wish I had used a slightly darker thread. I love these huge fans! In fact, I have a vintage quilt top that I have wanted to hand quilt. I plan to use this stencil for it.
My binding is made and getting this on and the hand sewing started is my goal for today.
I can’t wait to finish and wash this. Happy Stitching!
Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday