Finish It Up Friday ~ Purple HSTs

I have one more donation quilt that I finished before I left for AZ. I decided to wait to post it as I wasn’t likely to have any big finishes this week! I’m still recovering!

I present, the purple quilt!

I sewed up all the HSTs and then just randomly grabbed them to sew together into rows. I ended up having only two like pieces touching! I call that a win. The pantograph I used to quit this is called Whoosh and it is from urban Elementz.

I used purple thread on the top and back. I think it looks great against this backing fabric.

I have one more donation quilt to make and then I will send all five off to Quilts Beyond Borders. You can click here to learn more about how you can help to cover kids in orphanages with pretty quilts.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, A Quilted PassionQuokka Quilts, Fort Worth Fabric Studio

This entry was posted in Donation Quilts, Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Purple HSTs

1. Terry says:

It turned out really well, I love purple. Such a good thing to give quilts to kids! I’m visiting from A Quilters Passion, stop by and visit me.

2. Jayne says:

A big win indeed! Not just the color or that only two like pieces are touching…but donating to Beyond Borders!

3. piecefulwendy says:

What a beautiful donation quilt!

Welcome home. This is so pretty with all the purples! Hugs,

It’s VERY nice, Katy. My granddaughter would love it as she loves the color purple. I have several lovely pieces of purple fabric but just couldn’t settle on an idea as to what to do with them. Sometimes, I just over-think things. You’ve given me a great idea. 🙂

6. Wow! Your purple quilt is gorgeous – do you randomly place your HST’s or spend time placing them?. Naturally I know that you would not like two fabrics to touch – I just wonder how much time you spend placing the squares. I love your work. Yes, children are awesome and tiring!!
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

7. Jill says:

Beautiful and you’re giving it away!

8. Sarah says:

It’s a beautiful quilt for a great organization. I had to look for a minute to find the 2 like pieces touching. Definitely a win!!

9. Jeanne says:

I love the colors in this quilt! Many of the fabrics are in my stash, too. 🙂

10. Jasmine says:

I love how you just picked them up and sewed. This turned out great!

11. What a quick project! It turned out really nice. Like the panto.

12. FWFS says:

Love all those purples! We featured your quilt over on the FWFS blog! Thanks for stopping by and linking up!

Lindsey

13. Zenia Rene says:

Lovely finish. Randomly grabbing is one of my fave ways to go it! We definitely have to meet up the next time you’re in town. 😁