A Little Cheddar 4 Patch

I love two color quilts! And I have been wanting to make a cheddar/off white quilt for some time. I have loved this combination since finishing this vintage top   last year. But of course I was squeezing this in among other more important things while preparing to leave on my trip. So it had to be a small quilt.

It had to be a 4 patch!  These blocks finish at 2 inches.

I pieced the top and quilted vertical lines with my walking foot.

But that wasn’t enough. So I completed the cross hatch.

My lines are wonky. I don’t measure or mark anything when I do this and don’t mind the imperfection at all. It adds character :).

I finished the binding on the trip out to AZ.  And I got to take finish pics in sunny Arizona!

I sure wish it was sunny here. This is the current view out my back door.

Time to plan my next trip!

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to A Little Cheddar 4 Patch

1. Terri says:

Love your mini quilt! Glad you had a great time with your family.

2. Wow! What a contrast in weather conditions! I really like your quilting lines on those little squares – you are right that doing the lines by eye doesn’t do any harm – the ‘wonkiness’ does add character and emphasises the handmade loveliness! I’m going to have a go at doing some parallel quilting lines by eye on a tablerunner…

3. Jayne says:

Two color quilts are gorgeous and your mini is a sweet little delight! The grid quilting is perfect for it. I saw a Cheddar quilt years and years ago in a magazine, it grabbed my attention!

4. Sandra B says:

I also love two color quilts….and the simplicity of the four patch blocks is just great!!
    Love this little quilt!!

5. I love two-color quilts too … and your little white and cheddar is fabulous! My oldest granddaughter was sitting next to me when I read your blog this morning, and her words were “wow look at all that snow”. I got to explain that this is the blog of the sweet friend who sent me the quilt that I am curled up in. ❤️❤️

6. LOVE this wee quilt! It’s a winner! I also loved your cheddar vintage quilt! WOW!!

7. Jasmine says:

What a fun little quilt, and what a difference in the weather!

8. Therese penders says:

I love the last picture best! Yes the snow one. Here it is supposed to be autumn….. 30 degrees+ every day so far.

9. JanineMarie says:

Hopefully, when you look at your little quilt, it will bring all the warm sunshine back. Isn’t this weather nuts? Our schools were off 2 1/2 days last week and 2 days this week after a whole winter of mediocre. (Well, except for that storm in November). And everything melted almost all the way last weekend. (I guess you were probably gone for that.)