Shopping in AZ!

I’m home! I had a wonderful trip to AZ, visiting my kids, and showing my dad this beautiful state. Of course, while I was there, I had to do a little shopping! I love to go to thrift shops with my kids. I found a 4 yard piece of minky at a GoodWill store for $9.99! And it coordinates beautifully with this FQ bundle that Daughter #1 gave me for Christmas.

Daughter #2 took my dad and me to Wickenburg, which is a fun little town to visit. At an antique shop,  I spied this.

For $24, I brought this 1930’s Singer Featherweight case home. I used it as my carry on. And what did I carry in it?

Why fabric, of course!

On Saturday, I made it to my favorite fabric store, SAS Fabrics on Indian School Road in Phoenix. I set myself a budgets of 25 yards when I go there and I actually came in under budget at 23 5/8.  Here’s a better look.

One more piece, not shown above, is this bit I found for a border for my Goose in the Pond quilt.

I am much happier with this than the other options I showed previously.  Today will be a busy day work wise, but I hope to get some stitching in tonight. If I don’t fall asleep first!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Quilt Shops, Uncategorized, Vintage Singer Sewing Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Shopping in AZ!

1. Paige says:

So glad you had a great time and came home with lots of goodies! What a find on the Minky!

2. Val W says:

Family and fabric. Sounds like the perfect trip to AZ!

3. piecefulwendy says:

The Featherweight case is great find, as is the Minky. Wow — 4 yds for $10! You can’t beat that!

4. Christine Sherman says:

Looks like you had some good finds! I can’t wait to go to SAS again 🙂

5. Congratulations on such a successful trip!

6. JanineMarie says:

What fun souvenirs of your trip and what a genius way to transport all those goodies home!

7. Cécile says:

Great purchases Katy ! I’m glad you spent a lovely week with your family !

8. It was worth waiting for that border fabric to find you in AZ, it looks great with the Goose in the Pond block.

9. Looks like you had a productive shopping experience in Arizona. Love the fabric you’ve chosen for the border for your Goose in the Pond.

10. Sandra B says:

That is some haul of fabric you came home with!! I love it all….particularly that wiggly stripe, and the print you got for the Goose in the Pond quilt is perfect!
    The case for my Featherweight looks much like the one you bought….my Featherweight was bought new in the late 1940’s by my mom….it is the machine I learned to sew on, and I still use it today….I am predominately a hand piecer, but the Featherweight is my go-to machine for the best straight stitch ever…. Sews rings around my Pfaff!!
    Glad you had a good trip, and good time with family!

11. Edwina Finet says:

I loved hearing about your trip to AZ and all that you did while there. Is there any chance that you might have the name of the pattern for the quilt in the Arizona Quilt store for the quilt that you posted? If not, I’ll try to call them, as I think I located the website. Thanks for sharing all of this. Edwina