February/March Goals

Leap Day!

And as this posts, I am flying home from Arizona. Tomorrow is March 1st so it is time to take a look at the goals I set this month and see how I did.

1. I want to finish the EPP for my Brinton Hall and start mapping out my next step. Done! Almost. At least I finished the medallion as it was shown in Quiltmania. And I do have a plan for going forward.

img_2115

2. Finish my Tree of Life small quilt. Done!img_1951

3. Finish my Goose in the Pond quilt. Not Done. Held up by the border decision.

4. Work on cutting/storing more scraps. Done….sort of! Are you ever really done with this? img_2112

5. Finish at least one more item off my UFO list. Done! I finished the green/blue HST quilt and another that I will share on Friday.  But I still have more HSTs. So I will be working on one more donation quilt from this pile before it is completely done. IMG_3875

What else did I get done in February?

Quilts for my two grand dogs. These were actually FMQ practice pieces.

img_2095

img_1960

One  pincushion.

img_2210

Two more donation quilts.

IMG_7273 img_2154

Two mini quilts, one I’ll show tomorrow and this one.

And my favorite finish, my Conversation Heart quilt.

img_2299

And now to decide what I will focus on in March.

1. Quilt any QOV tops that come in.
  2. Make one more HST donation quilt and get them all sent off.img_1340
  3. Goose in the Pond!img_1544
  4. Add one more strip of hexies on each side of the Brinton Hall medallion.IMG_6860
  5. Start sewing together the blocks I cut out of my Dear Betty FQ bundle.img_0744

Looking forward to sewing, but the first thing I will do when I get home, is nap! They don’t call an overnight flight a red eye for nothing!

Linking up with Patchwork Times, Cooking Up Quilts, Em’s ScrapbagLove Laugh Quilt

This entry was posted in Finishes, Goals. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to February/March Goals

1. Charlene S says:

Looks like your March will be busy but fun.

2. Lisa says:

There is so much to love in this post but I love the bright donation quilts the most and the pin cushion. Have a wonderful March.

3. you are such an inspiration! I have several WIP that need attention and I simply must get a handle on my scraps…looks like I have my March to-do list!!

4. Cathy says:

You finished some great projects. Love what you are working on. Hugs

5. Ramona says:

Great February finishes. Your heart quilt is just gorgeous. Looks like you have some fun things to work in in March.

6. Cécile says:

Grest finishes for February Katy !

7. knitnkwilt says:

Beautiful snow shot. And wonderful quilting on the heart quilt.

8. cajunquilter says:

I love the heart quilt so pretty

9. Your conversation quilt is one of my favorites too – I just love it. I was feeling so organized just getting my scraps sorted by color into bins. Cutting them is a good idea so I may copy that. 🙂 Have fun with all your March projects!

10. You have a lovely set of projects lined up for March! Looks like you’ll have so much fun when you wake up.

11. Em says:

Looks like you will have a very productive March.