Happy Valentine’s Day!

I finished my Conversation Hearts quilt yesterday!

I struggled a bit  with the quilting in the middle.

I have had this piece of fabric in my stash for quite a while and it was perfect for the backing.

I used a double layer of batting on this one. One layer of Pellon 80/20 and a layer of a low loft Pellon poly on top. Glide thread.

Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you get to spend the day with those you love.

Linkin up with Lizzie Lenard’s Free Motion Mavericks

This entry was posted in Finishes, HQ Avante, Machine quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Happy Valentine’s Day!

1. Kathy D says:

Amazing work, Katy! I shouldn’t be surprised, yet still in awe of your talent.

2. Everything about this quilt is perfect. Love the colors, and oh, that backing! The quilting is what drew me in – it made my heart melt!

3. great job! the quilt looks especially fantastic on the snow- it really brings out the beauty in it… we have only frozen mud here- it’s -8 this morning, but only brown as far as the eye can see. makes my hubby happy not to have to plow, but a little bit of white to cover the mess would be nice!

4. wow wow wow!! You do amazing work!! I love the simplicity of the design and the quilting is just remarkable.

5. Rebecca says:

I also love the simplicity of the design and how the quilting compliments it! Beautiful!

6. Bev Parrish says:

Happy Valentine’s to you as well. Once again a beautiful piece. I shouldn’t be amazed at how beautiful your work is, but every time you post I am. And your choice of quilting is spot on.

7. What a pretty valentine!!

8. WOW! Incredibly wonderful! LOVE your quilting!

9. darlynn says:

Oh my Katy! you did a great job with fabric choice and the quilting!!! Love this

10. Pat says:

Love the quilting!

11. Louise says:

Oh Katie how lovely this is! Everything about it is perfect. You truly amaze me.Happy❤️ day.

Oh my goodness, absolutely gorgeous! The idea is so sweet, but your quilting is stunning! Happy Valentines Day. Hugs,

13. Vickie Lewis says:

Turned out so pretty!

14. Sandra B says:

Love this quilt!! The quilting is amazing, and I love the fabric you chose for the backing…
    And you got it done so quickly, just in time for Valentine’s Day!

15. Kathy h says:

I was wondering how you were going to quilt the center and it is so beautiful. Love the whole quilt.

16. ~Deb says:

Just wonderfully stunning, Miss Katy…Happy Valentines!
    ~Deb

17. Val W says:

That is a lovely quilt. The quilting is fabulous!

18. Cécile says:

You’re so talented and you succeeded in time ! What-a-gorgeous-quilt-and-quilting !
    Happy Valentine’s day Katy !

Isn’t THAT stunning!! Oh.My.Word!!

20. Jeanne says:

That is so cute, Katy! Your quilting is awesome, also. Happy Valentine’s Day!

21. Katy, it is absolutely stunning! Your quilting is exquisite. And the whole idea of it is perfect! I am hanging my head in shame. Not really! But you are really good.

22. Chris Schaefer says:

That is really one of the most beautiful heart quilts I have ever seen. The quilting is extraordinary!!!!
    BTW – I have the embroidery designs that are on your backing fabric 😉

23. Love it. You did an amazing job. The back is great.

24. Your conversation hearts quilt is gorgeous – absolutely gorgeous. The colours are so pretty and your quilting is wonderful. Love your work.
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

25. Susan says:

Well done! Terrific combination of quilting

26. katyquilts says:

Thank you , Elaine! it was so much fun to put together! Have a great week! Katy https://katyquilts.wordpress.com/

27. Cynthia says:

Fantastic work.

28. A true work of art! Absolutely beautiful.

29. Hello Katy,
    This is a fantastic piece of quilting, such beautiful colours, and I could eat those sweeties NOW.
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!
    Love, Muv