Design Wall Monday ~Another Little Project

I bought this little panel a few months ago  on Etsy thinking it would match this Tree of Life charm pack. I was in the mood for a little project so I pulled it out.

It looks quite dull compared to the charm square fabric, but I am forging ahead with it anyway. I’m making hour glass blocks to surround the basket.

The basket block is 12 inches square and the hour glass blocks finish at 3 inches.

This is where I am at with it now.

Trying to decide on a border for the basket block.

Linking up with Patchwork Times, Em’s Scrapbag, Cooking Up Quilts, Love Laugh Quilts

14 Responses to Design Wall Monday ~Another Little Project

1. sue daurio says:

Love the panel! The hour glass blocks will look great around it.

2. Kathy Hoback says:

I think the green makes the colors in the basket block look richer. The red seems to make the block recede. Just my 2cents!

3. Sandie says:

If you’re asking for opinions, my choice would be the green. It seems to liven up the colors in the panel, and make everything work together well.

4. Luann says:

Katy,
    Looking good. You’ll choose the best one, I have great confidence in you.
    BTW. My Accuquilt Go arrived on Saturday. I’ve been doing a happy dance ever since I met the FedEx driver at the door of his truck! I think he was a bit surprised to see me coming out, but I happened to gaze out the window just as he was turning onto our street.
    I’m dancin’!

5. Louise says:

Definitely the green! I’m really liking this already…

6. Janet O. says:

Very clever creation. The green seems to pull the colors together better, IMHO.

7. Teresa says:

Leaning to green. I like the hour glass block because it goes fast. I myself have been quilting two bed size quilts on my Juki. Time to piece something anything.

8. I love those fabrics. Great plan.

9. Kate says:

What a great way to use that panel. I like the green as the border.

10. Lisa says:

I think everything fits together well. I’d go for the green as well.

11. Those hourglass blocks are so perfect for the panel – It’s going to look so good!

12. Marianne says:

Both fabrics make a terrific border but i prefer the green 🙂 this’ll be a delightful finish

13. Bonnie in Va says:

This is coming along nicely. I would go with the green (although the red talks to me a lot, it just isn’t a great conversationalist with the basket!) It looks like you’ll be done with this soon.

14. Em says:

Glad you pressed forward. I love the hour glass blocks. Thanks for linking up