Finish It Up Friday ~ Anvil

I mentioned a while back a bit of a secret project I was working on.  It was a gift for a friend.

I’ve been wanting to make a quilt with Anvil blocks and this seemed a perfect opportunity.

The blocks finish at 8 inches. I didn’t have quite enough of the background fabric so I added in some others that blended pretty well. I quilted this using a panto called Easy Lacy Loops. It was fast and easy, but I kind of wish I had used something else.

Here is a peek at the back.

That is a really old Rober Kauffman print but I thought it went really well with the blocks. And it is so soft to the touch.

And here is the whole thing.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, A Quilted Passion

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Anvil

1. I don’t think I’ve seen this block before. It’s a great quilt. I hope your friend likes it.

2. Fran says:

That’s really pretty. I’m not sure if you can re-quilt it, but have you thought of going over the loops, not quite on the lines and it creates “ribbons”. I only suggest that because that’s is the pattern I am using on one of my quilts. The quilt looks very pretty!

3. Kathy D says:

Love your fabrics! There’s a “modern” version of this in the current issue of McCall’s Quilting, with 12″ blocks, but I like yours so much better.

4. Sandra B says:

Great quilt….love the colors…and the backing fabric really pulls it all together….I really like the addition of a different background on some of the blocks…adds a little something extra….I do that all the time…I just think it brings an unexpected element.

This is a wonderful quilt. I love all the colors and your backing is very pretty. Hugs,

6. Cécile says:

I’m in love with your fabrics ! The olive green is awesome !
    May I ask you what is the designer please ?

LOVE it!! And love the “L” in the quilting design (my initial). 🙂

8. This quilt is lovely! I’m sold on the block and the traditional colours and prints. Should I add it to my ‘inspirational quilts’ pinterest board or to the ‘Civil War quilts board’? Or maybe I should just start a Katyquilts board? ☺

9. dona says:

As usual, it is just beautiful. I love to see what you do!

10. Zenia Rene says:

I agree w/Dona…it’s beautiful and I like the Easy Lacy Loops! =)

11. Lovely quilt, and perfect for your friend! I’m sure she will just love it. I agree with the looping, but not entirely because the quilting lets the blocks shine, and that’s a good thing. Visiting from Whoomp There It is.

12. Lucy says:

Just gorgeous! I love traditional block patterns. Your fabric selections are lovely. 🙂 Did you use Accuquilt dies for parts of this block? If so, which die did you use for the HSTs?