WIP Wednesday ~ A Little UFO Progress

I bought these vintage shoo fly blocks in Missouri last fall.  I love the color of the background. In fact, I was thinking about how very modern they actually look!

I didn’t want to use them as is. because the seam allowances were very skimpy.   So I cut them apart to remake the blocks in a smaller size.
 Mine finished at 4 1/2 inches.
 Time to quilt!

There were several additional solid squares but they were so thin, I could see my hand right through them! So I decided just to use these six blocks. Sometimes you just need a quick, little  project in between the big ones.

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts, Freshly Pieced

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to WIP Wednesday ~ A Little UFO Progress

1. Ann says:

LOVE the background color. What a find!

2. Teresa says:

I like them can’t wait to see them finished. We need small projects to feel like we are accomplishing something.

You are ONE ambitious girl, Katy…cutting those apart and reassembling them. Can’t wait to see the project quilted.

4. Gina says:

Gorgeous fabrics. Very brave taking them apart and re making them x

5. Sandra B says:

What a fun project! Love this quilt pattern…and I agree that the green gives the blocks a more modern look….cannot wait to see how you finish this!
    I love small quilts, and have decided that I will make a few this year…have all these plans sketched out…time to make them!!

6. The background colour is great. You did a good thing bringing them back to life.

7. anudge says:

Thanks for the repurposing idea. You saved the day for those blocks.