Design Wall Monday

One of the items on my UFO list, was this pile of Goose in the  Pond blocks.

There were 15 from a guild swap so I wanted to make one more. I cut my pieces last week.

And finished that last block.

Now I need to decide where to go from here.

I’m using my “design floor” since I have a somewhat secret project on my design wall that I am also working on. What’s on your design wall today?

Linking up with Patchwork Times, Cooking Up Quilts, Em’s Scrap Bag, Laugh Love Quilt

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. Kate says:

The blocks look great just laid out together like that! I wonder how they would look with a scrappy sashing?

2. Angela says:

Beautiful blocks. Maybe a wide sashing to give them some space and accent the large block size? Whatever you decide, it will be beautiful.

3. Diane says:

Love the scrappy blocks. They seemed kind of complicated. Of course one at a time is the way I should think. Your so talented. Thanks for sharing. Diane

4. Luann says:

Katy,
    I have a One Block Wonder quilt started on my design wall. A challenge at first, but I’ve gotten into the rhythm of making 2 matching half-hexies

5. Kat Scribner says:

Beautiful blocks with scrappy, truly a timeless quilt.

6. Those blocks have such a wonderful scrappy look to them, and I love the name of them! This will be a fast finish from you, again! 🙂 Thanks for sharing on MCM.

7. Libby in TN says:

I’m used to seeing GiTP blocks in two colors, and I’m not a scrappy person most of the time, but I really like the scrappiness of these blocks. You must have some very adept swappers in your group because they all look to be the same size with no points to cut off. Would sashing with a 9-patch cornerstone be too busy?

8. I love this fabric…and they came together so nice!!! Hmmm…my projects have taken over the floor as well.

I love how your blocks look laid out. I have a tumbler quilt up on my design wall. It’s long term because I’m hand piecing it and hope to make it queen size for my bed. I just cut out a baby quilt for the new grand coming in May. Have a good week. Hugs,

10. Great collection of scrappy blocks! I’d suggest sashing and cornerstones, in mho. What a quick finish you’ll have! I don’t often enter our Guild’s block exchange/BOM, but these are so pretty!

11. Beautiful blocks! I was thinking scrappy thin sashing (light) and cornerstones (darks) the size of the inside 9patch squares.

12. Bonnie in Va says:

Nice blocks…. are you thinking of sashing or just sewing them in rows? And, yes for getting a start on won blocks. I have way too many sets of blocks I’ve won or traded for!

13. I love those scrappy blocks!

14. knitnkwilt says:

I have always thought that would be a great pattern for scraps; thank you for proving it. 🙂

15. Em says:

Your blocks are beautiful! My wall is empty but I’m planning on arranging my wonky blocks on it later today. Thanks for linking up!

16. Joy says:

Your upper left hand block has a section inserted in the wrong orientation.
    This is a lovely scrappy quilt. Don’t you love quick finishes from languishing blocks?

17. Julie says:

Your blocks look wonderful. I love the variety of fabrics in the is traditional block I have always liked but never made!

18. Judi Smith says:

This is a great block! I have been looking for a block that will eat up my Civil War scrap stash!! Please post the finished look…I need ideas for a finished look!

19. sdaurio says:

Those are gorgeous blocks, can’t wait to see what you do with them.

20. Deana says:

It is a gorgeous and fun project! Nice workmanship too!

21. kathysnest32 says:

I love scrappy. This is my favourite type of quilts.
    Kathleen Mary
    kathysnest32.wordpress.com

22. April says:

such tiny pieces! so very pretty.

23. Janet O. says:

Love this pattern and yours is beautifully scrappy!