I thought I would try to get one more UFO off my list for the year. These blocks have been around for years. I finally completed the top a few months ago and I have been trying to come up with a quilting plan ever since.
But it is hard to come up with a plan when you don’t work at it! I finally pulled up this picture in my Adobe Ideas app and started to play.
Yeah, I know my last feather episode was a total disaster. But I am going to try again. And I think this might work. The blocks themselves will be challenging since they kind of poof out in the center.
I cut a piece of paper to fit this space so I could make a template for the feather spine. Once that is marked on the quilt top, I will freehand the feathers themselves. I think I will do a simple piano key border since the fabric there is so busy.
I found some old fabric for the backing that matches well. This stuff has aged enough. It is probably from the early 90s!