Finish It Up….Thursday?

Since Christmas falls on Friday, I thought I would post my finishes early this week.

Hopefully, this will be my last Noteworthy post for a while. Please note that I said Noteworthy, not noteworthy. I hope all my posts are noteworthy! LOL! Anyway, I finished the two baby quilts and here they are.

It was windy and dark the day I took pictures. They really are straight and square!

And here is my favorite of the two.

I made sure “Las Vegas” didn’t appear in this one either! LOL!

The backing is from Ikea, purchased quite a few years ago. It was nice to use up some bits from the stash on these!

Now, I need to get my house cleaned before church this afternoon. I hope you all have a blessed Christmas Eve!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finish It Up….Thursday?

1. They are beautiful. Merry Christmas!

2. Your quilts are GORGEOUS!! Wishing you the best this Christmas season! Big hu!
    P

3. Lovely quilts and quilting. Happy Christmas!

Simple perfection in my opinion. I especially love the top one as I once made one similar to it.
    Have a blessed Christmas, Katy.

5. Jeanne says:

I always enjoy seeing your projects and finishes. Merry Christmas, Katy!

6. Rochelle says:

Those quilts are lovely. Love the quilting on the last one. The flower (snowflake) is charming. Merry Christmas.

7. Sandra B says:

Great post! Love these quilts…particularly the first one!!
    We just finished our family Christmas Eve dinner a little bit ago, and we are heading to midnight mass shortly (mass is really at 10:30, but they still call it midnight mass!!) I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas…and a happy new year!

8. I, too, am partial to the top quilt. But love the back on the second one! I remember seeing it at IKEA myself. Love those IKEA fabrics! I’m from Denmark and the Scandinavian designs appeal to me. I lived in Atlanta for 25+ years. They finally opened an IKEA in Atlanta, but only a year or so later we moved to central Kentucky. Now the nearest IKEA is over four hours away 😥 Of course, most of their fabrics are not really well suited for quilting, they’re too heavyweight. But I still love them. I’ve occasionally used them as backs (though my long arm quilter doesn’t very much like having a different weight fabric on the back than on the top.)

9. Patti says:

these are really cute. I love the panto

10. The Ikea backing goes perfectly with the quilt top! And I love the quilting motif!

11. Penny says:

Your quilt turned out great! I love the backing!

12. I like the flower quilting pattern. Is it easy to do?

Visiting you from the Crazy Mom Quilts linkup.

13. Carie says:

Oh aren’t they gorgeous – I love your fabric selection 🙂

14. Terri says:

Those are lovely quilts. I like your quilt backs almost as much as I like the fronts!

15. kellydyoung77 says:

those look amazing!! Happy New Year to you!!

🙂 Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation