DWMonday ~ Calamity Jane

That is what I have decided to call this quilt. I couldn’t bring myself to make even three more Jane blocks so I made these three instead.

I thought they might be a bit too “chunky” compared to the other blocks. But then this is one from the book.

It’s pretty chunky too. I may use this one to put the date of completion on the quilt. I put all the blocks up with the alternate blocks that I cut earlier.

There is still some rearrangement to do before sewing these together. I hope to have this done before the end of the year. Time to start thinking about the quilting!

Linking up with Em’s Scrap Bag, Patchwork Times, Cooking Up Quilts

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to DWMonday ~ Calamity Jane

1. Deb says:

I love it!! Calamity Jane is more exciting then Dear Jane away!😀

2. Cathy says:

It’s looking good. Somewhere I have some Dear Jane blocks. Guess I need to pull it out.
    Have a Happy Holiday season. Hugs

3. Cécile says:

I love the blue squares ! What a great idea Katy !!

4. It looks great. Love the background fabric.

5. Your new blocks fit in perfectly….and what a fun name! Calamity Jane sounds so much cooler than Dear Jane. 🙂 Have a great holiday Katy, and thanks for sharing on Main Crush Monday!

6. Kristy W. says:

I love your setting! What beautiful blocks. You are so funny! 🙂 You really do gorgeous quilting too. Thanks for sharing your blocks. They certainly don’t look calamitous to me! K-

7. sdaurio says:

I adore your Calamity Jane! Those blocks are so perfectly pieced. Happy Holidays to your and yours Katy!!

8. Bonnie in Va says:

What a great thought — just get on with it. The new blocks look fine with the quilt. I’m envious that you see a finished top? Or quilt? By the end of the year. Not much sewing here until 2016. Sigh. Have a happy holiday/s.