Finish It Up Friday ~ Shirt Tails

Last week I showed you the dinosaur quilt that I made for Baby E, today I am showing you the shirting quilt I made for him. I used cast off shirts from his daddy, papa, and uncle in this quilt.
I used the GO! kite die for this.it makes 8 inch blocks.

I love the striped fabric I used in the back. I found it at a Good Will.

You can see here that my pints are not perfect and I had difficulty pressing those corners flat.

These last two pictures were taken before washing. I loved the shadows created by the morning sun.

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts, A Quilted Passion

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Shirt Tails

1. Kathy says:

A little bit of a pressing problem (which is a given, at least for me, when you’re dealing with that many seams and points in an intersection) doesn’t detract from the beauty of this fabulous quilt. And the fact that it is made from shirts worn by his daddy, papa and uncle make it even more special. I love it!

2. Val says:

What a fabulous quilt and keepsake. And your wonderful quilting makes it all the more special.

3. Sandra B says:

Love this quilt, and the story that goes with it….not many people get to say that they have a quilt made by their grandmother, of fabrics from their daddy, papa and uncle! What a treasure!!
    I just love blue and white quilts…and I love this pattern….
    Thanks for sharing!!

4. Beautiful quilt! Your quilting is really lovely and works so well with the fabrics and colors of the quilt. I love a lot of your quilts but this one is one of my favorites.

5. Tracy says:

I just love this quilt! Making beauty from scraps is fabulous!!

What a *treasure*. It could well be an heirloom for Baby E to pass down to his own child. It’s spectacular!

7. Lynn in Madison says:

You never fail to amaze – just love this quilt.

8. JanineMarie says:

I love this quilt and its story. The sunlight really shows just how beautiful the quilting is, too. Those ribbon loops in the diamonds really make the stars pop.

9. I am in *love* with this quilt! The fact that it has a story attached to it is so precious. I hope it stays with Baby E for a very long time!

10. Beautiful – blue and white is so classy.

11. Micki says:

beautiful quilt and you did an awesome job with the quilting. micki@2dogsstudio.us

12. Zenia Rene says:

Already spoiling Baby E I see. This is absolutely stunning! And your quilting is amazing. Fabulous finish Katy. I’ve a few awesome Goodwill finds myself. =)

13. tammy says:

awesome!

14. Lara B. says:

Oh my gosh, I love this Katy! Love the snazzy quilting you did too, it perfectly complements the blocks. I’m going to start saving men’s shirts for sure now.

15. Lara B. says:

P.S. I just showed my husband and he said “Oh my. Very cool. That’s amazing!”

16. Very, very nice quilting, it’s beautiful!

17. Gina says:

THat’s such a great quilt and will hold so many memories. I love the quilting on it xx