Slow Stitching Sunday

I think I am finally starting to feel rested up from my trip home to see my family. I spent very little time at all sewing while I was gone. I only managed to get a few hexies basted.

That’s it. I added a couple to the center of my Brinton Hall quilt last night and hope to add another hexie medallion to it today.

It was a hard trip in some ways, but quite wonderful in others. My kids and I surprised my parents by having them all show up at their house over the weekend. All my siblings live in Wisconsin, but two of my kids and I live in Michigan and my other kids live in Arizona. It was quite a party! My mom is still in the rehab facility recovering from her knee replacement; happily, she was able to come home during the day on Saturday and Sunday. My dad is currently dealing with chemo. It was tiring for them to have so many of us around at the same time, but also an encouragement for them to see how much they are loved. Little E from Michigan and Little L from Arizona also came so this was one happy Nana! Here are just a few pics from the weekend. Daughters #1, #2, and #3.

#1 Son and yours truly.

Little L and Little

On the last night there, my dad and I made a pie together.

And here is a picture of my siblings and me.

I hope you all have a restful day and that you are able to get some stitching in.

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

This entry was posted in Life. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. lovely pictures. you made some great memories. thank you for sharing.

2. Kathy says:

Life can be so bittersweet … and your trip certainly sounds like it was a bittersweet one. I hope that the blessings outweighed the sadness.

I loved seeing photos of your growing family. Thanks for sharing.

4. alycia says:

what a fun and caring thing to do!! you are one gorgeous family!

5. Nothing beats time with family! The love you have for each other shines out of the photos.

6. Ahhh what sweet memories of your family time together! I’m sure your parents loved every moment!

7. sandi says:

I’m so glad you all got to spend time together. Hugs,

8. Julierose says:

Oh your Brinton hall is so lovely–great color choices….looks like a fun time was had by all, too hugs, Julierose

9. Cécile says:

Oh my….your son is your husband’s twin !!!
    You have a wonderful and very beautiful family Katy ! Thank you for these great photos !
    Your Brinton grows up and it is so cute ! Bravo !
    Xoxo

10. Angela says:

What beautiful family photos. It looks like a great trip. Though it is always nice to have some hand work along, spending time with loved ones is an even better option.

11. Rochelle says:

Lovely pictures and great memories for all. I remember those trips as the folks were failing and pulling family together to spend those precious days together. It is exhausting but also rejuvenating in many ways. How many times do you mange to get all your family together after the kids leave home. Thank you for the peek at the many generations.

12. CathieJ says:

Great pictures. So glad you had a nice visit with your family. It is hard to get everyone together once they are all out and about on their own.

13. It was nice that you were able to have a family gathering. I hope your parents are feeling better soon.

14. Kathleen says:

You have a beautiful family! I especially like the picture of you and your siblings. You are blessed.

15. Looks like wonderful memories were made! Hope you have some time for needle and thread this week.

16. Sweet family time….good for you. Stitching can wait. Your medallions are charming.

17. Edwina Finet says:

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story of your family “reunion”. It is inspiring to see how much you get done in so many areas, and how you prioritize your activities. You have a beautiful family!

18. What a wonderful family time! Your children are gorgeous!
    Enjoy some slow stitching time to relax from all the excitement!

19. It was so lovely meeting your family – thanks for sharing. Your family are wonderful.
    I am glad that you did not do any sewing with everyone around you must have been busy having fun – as it should be.
    Pauline