Finish It Up Friday – The Tree Quilt

The second sister quilt is done! This quilt surely did not want to cooperate for pictures! It took three outings to get any photos  at all to use. Even then, my only straight shot of the whole thing had to be done in the house. Here it is along with an avalanche of shots.

I quilted the initials of my sister and her husband into the trunk along with the year of their marriage.   I quilted the names of their children into the branches.

All quilting was done freehand with Glide thread. I used 80/20 Pellon Legacy batting.

I was able to give this to her in person last weekend. I think she liked it!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Richard and Tanya Quilts,  Confessions of a Fabric Addict, A Quilted Passion

This entry was posted in Finishes, Free Motion Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Finish It Up Friday – The Tree Quilt

1. Alberta Sue Bennett says:

So love how this turned out. Great quilt and quilting.

2. Paige says:

What a treasure, I know your sister is thrilled! Great finish!

3. Val says:

What a beautiful treasure for your sister. It’s nice to see she’s already snuggling up with it.

4. Luann says:

I love everything about this quilt. Blue Ribbon for you!!
    They really need to give us colored ribbons in the emoticons!!
    I could only find a pink bow,,,
    Wouldn’t that type of setting look wonderful with an eagle and flag in the place of the tree for a QOV .?

5. JanineMarie says:

Love, love, love. The pictures from the railing turned out beautifully, too. I’m especially drawn to the dense quilting and names in the branches.

6. Kathy D says:

The quilting on this one is fantastic and really complements the quilt design. Well done! Bet she loves it.

7. This is beautiful!!

8. Paula Alden says:

What a great quilt! When you showed your plan, I didn’t think I would like it, but it turned out great! I’m sure it mean a lot to your sister. Thanks for sharing.

9. Kathy says:

Of course she liked it! That’s no surprise to me. I love the quilting you did on it. Fabulous – as always.

10. Lisa Mikel says:

Your tree quilt turned out beautifully! It looks like your sister loves it. Great job on the quilting too. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day!
    Lisa

11. Kathy S. says:

Beautiful colors. The quilting is spectacular. Congrats on another beautiful finish.

12. Bev Parrish says:

Oh my gosh simply gorgeous ,beautiful,fantastic. But then I don’t think you’ve ever done a quilt i didn’t fall in love with.

It’s perfect in every way! I love that you “carved” their initials in the trunk of the tree. That was so clever. Your sister looks so cute snuggled under it. All I can say is BRAVO, my friend. This was such a work of love.

14. sandi says:

I agree with everything said in all the other comments! The tree quilt is gorgeous and the quilting is amazing! Hugs,

15. That quilt turned out so well! It is pretty obvious she is happy to have a quilt made especially for her.

16. Rochelle says:

Your quilt turned out great and the quilting was just right.

17. Love it!!! It turned out so wonderfully awesome.

18. Cécile says:

This quilt is just stunning ! I love the quilting and you wrote the kids’ names like in genealogy…. Ah very clever Katy !!
    Very great work !!

19. What a beautiful quilt, love the tree…it is lovely.

20. Sandra B says:

Love this quilt!! The colors are amazing, and I love the tree ….what a wonderful gift!! One that is sure to be loved for many years to come!! The personal touches just make it awesome….Thanks for sharing!!

21. Caryl W says:

Awesome quilt and quilting!

22. Lynette says:

I really, really love this quilt, Katy 🙂

23. Oh, Katy, it is gorgeous! What a beautiful job you have done on each and every part of this quilt. And yes, I can tell she likes it!

24. L says:

WOW! Nice job. What machine did you quilt this on?

25. Dona says:

Impressive! The quilting is fabulous and the design, perfect! Very, very nice.

26. Jasmine says:

I love the personalization on this quilt, especially the initials, year and names. What a great finish with beautiful quilting.

27. Zenia Rene says:

I think she adores it! And who wouldn’t? It’s a fantastic gift. Lucky sis. All of the shots you posted show the quilt beautifully. Lovely quilting, lovely personal touches w/the initials & names. You rocked it Katy. Thanks for linking up. = )