Slow Stitching Sunday

I spent most of the day Friday quilting the tree quilt for my sister.

I found a great tutorial for topography quilting over at Tia Curtis Quilts. It was really fun and fairly quick to do. The tree part was not quick to do. Here is a sneak peek:

But it is done and my slow stitching for today is to finish this binding.

I won’t show any more of this until it is finished. I will be taking it to my sister the end of this month when I go home to help my mom after her knee replacement.

Happy stitching!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

8 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Yum… binding is my favourite!

2. Maureen says:

Isn’t it a great feeling to finally get to the binding? So nice to just relax and sew it knowing you’re almost finished. Can’t wait to see the finished quilt!

3. CathieJ says:

I am looking forward to seeing that quilt when it is finished.

4. Gail says:

So nice to be at the binding stage!!! Have fun stitching today!

5. Ivani Vieira says:

enjoy your time of binding it

6. I can’t wait to see it. It’s been great following the progress.

7. Calra says:

Love the topography quilting!

8. Deb says:

Beautiful quilting. Enjoy the binding – my favorite part. My dad just had his knee replaced August 18th. He was out walking in the woods for over 4 hours last week – amazing how quickly they can recover. Good luck to your Mom.