Slow Stitching Sunday

I spent most of the day Friday quilting the tree quilt for my sister.

I found a great tutorial for topography quilting over at Tia Curtis Quilts. It was really fun and fairly quick to do. The tree part was not quick to do. Here is a sneak peek:

But it is done and my slow stitching for today is to finish this binding.

I won’t show any more of this until it is finished. I will be taking it to my sister the end of this month when I go home to help my mom after her knee replacement.

Happy stitching!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

8 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Deb says:

Beautiful quilting. Enjoy the binding – my favorite part. My dad just had his knee replaced August 18th. He was out walking in the woods for over 4 hours last week – amazing how quickly they can recover. Good luck to your Mom.

2. Calra says:

Love the topography quilting!

3. I can’t wait to see it. It’s been great following the progress.

4. Ivani Vieira says:

enjoy your time of binding it

5. Gail says:

So nice to be at the binding stage!!! Have fun stitching today!

6. CathieJ says:

I am looking forward to seeing that quilt when it is finished.

7. Maureen says:

Isn’t it a great feeling to finally get to the binding? So nice to just relax and sew it knowing you’re almost finished. Can’t wait to see the finished quilt!

8. Yum… binding is my favourite!