Throwback Thursday

I’m getting ready to work on a baby quilt made from hand dyed fabrics. It made me think of other baby quilts I had made from my hand dyes. It has been a while! All of these were done before I had my long arm and were quilted on my 1955 Singer 201.

blog 006 blog 010

The print in the next two is from a vintage piece of fabric I found in a thrift shop. My deep purples, lime greens, and bright blues coordinated perfectly.

blog 003 blog 006

I love the look of the morning sun on quilts!

blog 009quilt 003

The above quilts have all been gifted and their little owners are growing up. Some are now in school!

Time flies….

Linking up with A Quarter Inch From The Edge , Krista Quilts for Throwback Thursday

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Hand Dyed Fabric, Throwback Thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Throwback Thursday

1. Jennifer says:

Such beautiful colors and patterns. Love them all.

2. Time really does fly! Lovely quilts.

3. Heidi says:

These are awesome Katy, I love your use of the vintage fabric!

4. Tish says:

All of them are beautiful and I am sure have been well loved.

5. What great colours and patterns. It’s hard to choose a favourite. I love them all!

6. Linda says:

Such great little quilts. Love all of them.

7. Oooh… so much quilty goodness here that it could be more than one post! I love your use o the vintage sheet… I’m always wondering how to modernize those. And your quilting is amazing! Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

8. JanineMarie says:

These are all so sweet. I especially like the one with the little strips across the flowered print. A perfect mix of vintage and modern.

9. So many beautiful quilts! I love your hand-dyed fabrics.

10. Cécile says:

Wow…the quilting is gorgeous and the quilts awesome !!!!!

11. PattiP says:

love your hand dyes!

12. elle says:

I really like the square in a square! lovely quilts