Slow Stitching Sunday

Good Morning! Hubby is off on another trip to the other side of the world. I thought I would get lots of sewing done after work yesterday but I didn’t get as far as I had hoped. Some days, it is one step forward and two steps back. Today will be busy as well but I am already looking forward to putting my feet up tonight and working on my Brinton Hall quilt.

I have more hexies basted and ready!

I brought this book home from work yesterday.

It  looks to be a really good one. I  love so many of the quilts in here.  My only beef is that the blocks have very strange sizes. I get that she wanted to mimic the originals, but a block that finishes at 5 1/4 inches?  A sawtooth star that finishes at 7 inches? I am willing to adjust to make life easier on myself!
I am working on QOVs again this week and hope to get another off the frame today and the next one loaded.

Happy Sunday! I hope you get some slow stitching in. See what others are slow stitching today over at Kathy’s Quilts

This entry was posted in Brinton Hall. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Kathy says:

Wow, those are odd sizes! 😳 And seriously, is anyone going to measure the block sizes in the original to compare to the reproduction? I’d draft those blocks to sizes far easier to work with, too. Enjoy your time with your hexies … I will be doing the same myself.

2. Val says:

I’m with you on those odd size blocks. Thank goodness for Electric Quilt software. My grandmother used to trace around homemade cardboard templates with a pencil and cut with scissors. If those were my only options today, I wouldn’t enjoy quilting as much as I do.

3. Brinton Hall is really growing… enjoy your stitching today!

Mercy me! Who remembers having to copy templates out of magazines??

5. Gail says:

Your hexie project is coming together nicely! Looks like you have lots prepped to sew! Have fun stitching today.

6. Karen in Breezy Point says:

I have that book on my wish list at Amazon. Julie does such lovely designs, I may have to actually purchase it. I always love what she designs for magazine publication or her fabric lines. Good to know about the odd measurements though!

7. Happy sewing this week. I was very productive Friday and Saturday, but not so much on Sunday. Those are odd sizes for blocks. What were they thinking?

8. CathieJ says:

That looks like a great book, but the wonky sizes would bother me.