There’s No Place Like Home!

We had a wonderful week but it is always good to come home! I left my lattice quilt on the frame so I would have something ready to go when I got back. I haven’t fully dealt with mail, laundry, and unpacking but I couldn’t wait to get a few stitches in.

I decided to do a freehand feather in the border but I was having a terrible time seeing where I was going! I ended up getting a desk lamp to sidelight the quilt and turning the room lights off.

You can see here what happened with the machine lights on.

I went with feathers and ribbon candy in the body of the quilt.

It is slow going but I think it will be worth it.

I’m off to spend time with Mr. Wonderful before he leaves on yet another business trip. Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Pink Doxies

This entry was posted in Free Motion Quilting, HQ Avante, Machine quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to There’s No Place Like Home!

1. Kathy D says:

Quilting with just a desk lamp for lighting looks kind of romantic! That’ll be one beautiful quilt.

2. Luann says:

Katy,
    Thanks for the tip. I wouldn’t have thought about turning out the lights and using a desk lamp across the top. You’re a very clever quilter!
    Luann

3. WOW!! Brilliant!! Your feathers are PERFECT!! Just beautiful!

4. Janet O. says:

Very pretty quilting plan!

5. Tina W says:

Great idea to turn the lights off! I’ll remember that’s! I have a question for you. What company makes Glide thread and do you order yours on-line? Is it poly? Guess that was three questions!
    Thanks! Tina in Pendleton, OR

6. Joy says:

My husband made me Jamie Wallen’s side light and I love it. I use it a lot.

7. thebiasedge says:

I am having this same problem now. Using white thread on white fabric and I cannot see where I am going. I must try this method. Thanks for sharing:)
    Sandra

8. What a great tip about the light for future reference. Love the look of you quilting. Your basting down the sides is so perfect – mine is always some skewiff and then I have to trim after!

9. Lynn in Madison says:

Love your quilting Katy

10. Glad you had a good vacation. Your quilting looks great…as always.

11. Kathy says:

It’s always good to get back home, isn’t it? I think your quilting is turning that quilt into a real beauty!