WIP Wednesday ~ Homestead Hearth

We’ve been having a great time with family this week! I’ve even gotten some work on my Brinton Hall quilt while traveling.

One of the hexie frames above still needs to be appliquéd to the background. I should get that done tomorrow. I have also started basting hexies for the path in between.

We made a stop in Mexico, Missouri to visit Homestead Hearth, a shop I have ordered from several times. It was so worth the side trip!

One of the items I purchased was this package of needles.

Oh, my goodness! What a difference a good needle can make! You all were so right! I will never use cheap needles again.

I have ordered scrap bags from Homestead Hearth in the past and I purchased a few more when I was there.

Each bag contains one pound of scraps. I purchased bags that had reproduction fabrics. They cost $9.00 each. I plan to use these for the scrappy hexies I will need for my Brinton Hall quilt.

I also hit up their clearance room. I got a couple of these panels:

A couple fat quarters:

This Civil War panel:

A bit of French General:

And a couple bundles of yardage. Check out those prices!

I got 4 scrap packs and spent less than $60. We also made a detour to Missouri Star Quilt Company. I will share that loot another day!

Linking up with  Sew Fresh QuiltsFreshly Pieced

This entry was posted in Quilt Shops, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to WIP Wednesday ~ Homestead Hearth

1. Karen Goad says:

I think I have been through that town while traveling but don’t remember seeing a shop – nice to find them

2. Kathy says:

I just LOVE Homestead Hearth! Love it! And their staff is super helpful … I have troubles choosing fabrics that will “play nicely together” and need to be pointed in the right direction, and they’ve always helped me. I wonder how many visitors Mexico gets for just Homestead Hearth?

3. Kathy D says:

Dragged my friends to Missouri Star when we were in KC last September, so I’m looking forward to seeing your post on that stop.

4. Val says:

Isn’t it fun to find quilt shop bargains? We don’t even have to justify the purchase!

5. Lovely purchases! I recognise some of the scrap bag fabrics from my stash of Civil War fabrics ☺

6. Quiltmouse says:

Fun to see in person a shop you order from online! Looks like it would be a nice place to shop. Thanks for sharing!

7. sandi says:

I’m so jealous! Have fun! Hugs,

8. Cécile says:

OK Katy, I want to go into my computer and go into Homestead Hearth !! Lucky youuuuuu !! 🙂
    You’ve done wonderful purchases !! For the needles, I especially work with them for ALL !
    Good choice !! Enjoy…..