Slow Stitching Sunday

I’ve been pondering what fabric to use for the “path” between the medallions of my Brinton Hall quilt. I tried a few options out yesterday.

It is time to make a decision. I don’t have all the medallions done but I need to get this kitted up for our trip this week. I plan to get a bit more  of the appliqué done today and the path fabric cut.

Hubby comes home today. Yay! After church, I want to get some yard work done. My slow stitching will be my reward!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday.

This entry was posted in Brinton Hall. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Joy says:

I’d go with your #2 background.

2. I like the middle choice, but the directional print might be a pain to deal with?
    Enjoy!

3. Barb Vedder says:

beautiful blocks – I love the toile’

This is really a tough one, Katy. My first choice would be the second one…then the third.

5. Karen in Breezy Point says:

Oooh–it’s going to hard to decide! I do also like the second choice, but you would have to be careful about the directional aspect–that’s what makes it cool!

6. Him! My eye is attracted to the brightness of the middle one but maybe it would be a pain to keep the print direction even… Not much help really! Second choice for me would be the first fabric.

7. Gail says:

I like number two ….happy stitching to you!

8. CathieJ says:

Personally I like the second background fabric best. I think is showcases those beautiful medallions wonderfully.

9. Quiltmouse says:

I like the first backing. It has texture/pattern, but melts into the background and doesn’t overshadow the blocks. But looks like I’m in the minority.

10. I like option #2. I love seeing how your blocks are coming together.

11. Cathy L says:

I’m with everyone else who likes #2!

12. Suzanne says:

I like all your path choices! Safe travels!

13. Angie says:

I think any of the fabrics would be great – just depends on the flavor of the rest of the quilt. Love your toile fabrics and hexie frames so far!

14. sandi says:

I like the first one or the last one. Your blocks are so pretty! Hugs,

15. Connie says:

I would use the third choice.

16. I like the first and third choices. I am most intrigued by the third one. But I am going against the crowd!