Finish It Up Friday

I did more than paint this week while hubby was gone, just not a lot more! I did finish two small quilts. A while back, I shared some of my ladder quilts. It got me in the mood to make another. I used these strips of my hand dyed fabric.

And began slicing up a chunk of white fabric. I did matchstick quilting on my long arm.

And  here is my finish!

My next finish is at the other extreme stylewise…remember how I mentioned that I was inspired by a little quilt I saw over at Humble Quilts?  I found this bit of toile and used it to make my little George quilt.

Here is the fished quilt.

And the back.

The pieced squares here finish at one inch. I quilted this one on my Bernina 1030 with my walking foot.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts, My Quilt Infatuation, Quilt Shop Gal

This entry was posted in Art Quilts, Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Miniature. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. I like your ladders, especially the shadow ladder. I work in all styles too, just some more often than others.

2. Jayne says:

Love the ladders! The hand dyed fabric is gorgeous! It’s just such a fun piece!

Love the ladders, Katy, and the little quilt is just adorable! Great idea doing the double frame around the center piece. Have a blessed weekend.

4. sandi says:

Love both your little quilts! Hugs,

5. Janet O. says:

The ladder quilt is very clever, but I absolutely adore your George quilt!! : )

6. I love your ladders! And your quilting choice is the perfect complement. I’ll have to take a peek at your previous ladder projects. : )

7. Carie says:

Oh they’re both so much fun, and definitely opposite ends of the style spectrum! Isn’t it fun to get to work across all the genres 😀

8. JanineMarie says:

Ooh, I love the depth in your ladder quilt. Now I have to see the others. How did I miss them before?

9. anudge says:

I love both of those quilts, Katy – especially the stick one and the way one of the ladders seems to be a shadow of the one in front of it. Great effect. I invite you to link to WIPs Be Gone. If you go over there, you’ll see what I am dealing with and I can say it has finally gotten a tad cooler.
    Thanks for sharing!

10. Kathleen says:

These are great finishes!!

11. gwen ziegler says:

Katy
    I Love your ladder quilt. Did you use a pattern? Or did you create your own. I believe I would really like to make one. Have you finished the Hexie quilt?
    Gwen Ziegler

12. Love your ladder quilt! Do you use channel locks for your straight line quilting or just by eye? The matchstick quilting is wonderful.

13. terryaskeartquilts says: