Finish It Up Friday – QOV Edition

I’ve been working on QOVs this week. First up is Kathy’s from the Stitching Sisters group.

The panto I used is called Eagle’s Landing. I love it! Here is a look at the back.

Next is Val’s. It is hard to see the panto I used here. It is called Ebb and Flow and I think it gives the feel of waving flags.

The quilting doesn’t show at all on the back! Lastly is a top made by Fran. She gave some pretty specific directions for how she wanted this quilted. She wanted to make sure it was not too closely quilted because she didn’t want it to be too flat.

She asked for all stitch in the ditch in the blocks, a large meander in the border and whatever I wanted in the sashing. I really wanted to quilt this more heavily but I followed the directions given. Here is a peek at the back.

Hubby is off on a business trip to the other side of the world. I have projects to do while he is gone but I will definitely get some extra sewing time in as well!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts, Crazy Mom Quilts, Quokka Quilts

This entry was posted in Finishes, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finish It Up Friday – QOV Edition

1. laura says:

Wow, you must be seeing stars after all that!!! great quilts – I love the first one 🙂

Those are awesome quilts. Great job on the quilting, Katy.

3. These are gorgeous! Great work!

4. Cathy says:

Fantastic job on all of them. Such gorgeous quilts.

5. Carol Woosley says:

So glad you followed Fran’s wishes–especially since this is her last quilt. Some quilts today, as beautifully quilted as they are, finish so stiff and felt-like, that I’d rather cuddle under a polyester fleece throw! Keep on quiltin’. Cwoosley12@yahoo.com

6. They’re lovely, Katy. You’ve done such beautiful work on these worthy quilts.

7. What lovely finishes you have this week. The final recipients will be delighted!

8. Louise says:

Both of the quilts of valor are fabulous. Very fitting for two of our many heroes. The fabric choices, piecing design and your quilting make them both fabulous. Good job Katie!g

9. sandi says:

Beautiful quilts and your quilting is wonderful! Hugs,

10. Bonnie in Va says:

Nice job on all your quilting and the tops. Finishing is so satisfying….

11. Val says:

We do appreciate your hard work and time (and batting!) spent bringing our QOV quilts one step closer to their deserving recipients. Thanks for all you do for us, Katy.

12. Kathy says:

What fabulous quilting … well done. The recipients will definitely be blessed.

13. Quiltmouse says:

These QOV quilts will be a blessing to the new owners, I’m sure. Hugs to you for your beautiful work!

14. Ramona says:

What wonderful Quilts of Valor! They all just sing. Thank you all for your generosity.

15. Alberta Sue Bennett says:

Love the Quilts. Beautiful work.