Very little stitching happened over the weekend aside from some work on my Brinton Hall hexies. I also realized that I was missing 6 green hexies! I was able to scrounge enough matching scraps to remedy that. I got two rings finished but no appliqué done.
I still have the QOV on the frame and I am still trying to decide how to quilt it. I am thinking of going with one of these pantos:
I think I like the last one best. It gives the notion of flags waving in the wind. Today is my day off from the library so it has to be decided soon and quilted today.
One thing I did do this weekend was to go from this:
Gosh, it sure is hard to open those nice neat charm packs! But I needed to get an idea of how many lights vs. darks I had. I came up with an idea for a 4 patch quit that would make for a lot less waste than the tumblers.
You have to imagine that as scrappy. This would make a great project for leaders/enders. I could make all my 4 patches and leave most of the designing until the end.
I have lots on my to do list today so I best get moving!
Linking up with Patchwork Times, A Quilting Reader’s Garden, Cooking Up Quilts
This entry was posted in Brinton Hall
. Bookmark the permalink