Finish It Up Friday

My finish for today is the little Sister quilt. Here it is before washing.

And here are some after washing.

And the back.

I learned that I need to use more registration marks when doing a border like this. My scallops are very uneven, but they really don’t show much on the front anyway. Usually, I prefer the look of a quilt after washing. In this case, I liked it better before. If I hadn’t washed it, my phone would still be alive as well!

This is the most intense custom quilting I have attempted. I learned so much doing this.  It was definitely worth the time involved.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts, Quilt Matters, Quilt Shop Gal

This entry was posted in Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Machine quilting, Modern Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Kathy says:

Sounds like you weren’t able to resurrect your phone? I’m so sorry. But I do love this quilt … it’s fabulous!

2. This is amazing. The grid work in the middle really stands out.

3. Deb says:

Lovely quilting! I enjoy seeing your machine quilting, I don’t machine quilt just hand quilting, but I still can get inspiration from your work. 😄

4. Lynn says:

Oh wow, that looks so good. That quilting is wonderful! Thanks so much for showing us.

5. Cécile says:

Wow…wow…and wow…!!!!! Gorgeous quilting !!
    You can proud of your work !!
    ………wow again ! 🙂

6. Kathy D says:

Love the way this one came out – it’s gorgeous. Fans are very happy!

7. Tish says:

I think the custom quilting was worth it. I love the motif you used in the white negative spaces paired with the simple continuous curves in the patchwork. Congrats on your finish

8. Val says:

The feathered diamond quilting looks great on this quilt. It really complements the piecing and the resulting quilt is fantastic!

9. Jayne says:

I am in love with this! The design is perfect for those little squares! Your quilting is outstanding! It’s gorgeous!

10. this is beautiful! thanks for sharing

11. Luann says:

Katy,
    Your quilting is to be admired!
    What are your preferred threads to use in the bobbin and thru the needle?
    Do you have a preferred batting?
    Luann

12. So beautiful! You did an amazing job on the quilting.

13. Louise says:

Beautiful job, what a neat backing!

14. Karen says:

Have you ever posted about the rulers you use/like the best. I love the work you did on this quilt. I want to get started on ruler work, but because of the expense, I want to make sure that I buy the most “useful” first.

15. Absolute PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the backing…WOW!!

Your quilting is AMAZING!! What a perfect design for the white spaces. You go, Girl.

Oh my goodness ! This is so GORGEOUS! Your quilting looks amazing. It’s so beautiful. Hugs,

18. Margie says:

OMGoodness! Your quilting is so pretty! Beautiful Job! Margie/NY

19. Rochelle says:

What a beautiful quilt. Only you would know if it wasn’t perfect. It is good to hear the LAQ’s need to practice, too….just like the rest of us.

20. PattiP says:

Wow Katy, great job! I’m also impressed how quickly you got it done.

21. JoanG says:

Beautiful quilting on this! The choice of quilting patterns fits so well. Congrats on the finish.

22. Yay for the quilt and boo for the phone! Your quilting is gorgeous, Katy! Wow! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

23. Very sweet quilt. Beautiful quilting!

24. JanineMarie says:

Beautiful quilting–and your photos are so sharp. I can see every stitch! How do you do that?!

25. Jacque says:

This is stunning! I am so inspired by this lovely quilting!

26. Dona says:

The quilting was just wonderful and the backing fabric is lovely. really nice.

27. Marina says:

A charming quilt with a very skillfully executed quilting!

28. Pingback: Finish It Up Friday ~ The Lattice Quilt | KatyQuilts