Throwback Thursday

Here is another TB Thursday post! Here are a few quilts I made in my art quilting phase of a few years back. These are all made with my own hand dyed fabrics. They were all part of a series I called ladders, for obvious reasons!

11-4-08-014

semaineb

tutorial-0281

1-5-09

Looking at these makes me want to go back and do some more work in this series!

Linking up with Krista Quilts for Throw Back Thursday

9 Responses to Throwback Thursday

1. Krista says:

I like your ladder quitls. That’s a very neat idea. And thanks for linking up at Throwback Thursday today.

2. Had you taken a workshop when you were making your ladder series? I like them.

3. Luann says:

I especially like the one in the third picture. I think it’s how you did the quilting, and extended the ladders into the background. Very clever!!
    Luann

4. Julie in GA says:

Great quilts! The third one is especially intriguing with the stitching that continues the ladder shapes, and I love the different sizes of ladders in the last quilt.

5. Gina says:

Great series of quilts. Art quilts are something I haven’t got into properly. I can never come up with the inspiration on my own. If given a set of guidelines I’m fine but I never get the original spark myself

I love your quilts! Hugs,

7. An excellent series. Each one speaks for itself. The colors on the background are so striking that they grab you right away.

8. Lynnwa says:

I love this type of quilting/piecing and yours turned out so well, yes do some more!

9. Barb Vedder says:

these pieces are great – I didn’t know you also make art quilts. I’m working on a challenge right now. It is fun to mix it up