Throwback Thursday

Here is another TB Thursday post! Here are a few quilts I made in my art quilting phase of a few years back. These are all made with my own hand dyed fabrics. They were all part of a series I called ladders, for obvious reasons!

11-4-08-014

semaineb

tutorial-0281

1-5-09

Looking at these makes me want to go back and do some more work in this series!

Linking up with Krista Quilts for Throw Back Thursday

9 Responses to Throwback Thursday

1. Barb Vedder says:

these pieces are great – I didn’t know you also make art quilts. I’m working on a challenge right now. It is fun to mix it up

2. Lynnwa says:

I love this type of quilting/piecing and yours turned out so well, yes do some more!

3. An excellent series. Each one speaks for itself. The colors on the background are so striking that they grab you right away.

I love your quilts! Hugs,

5. Gina says:

Great series of quilts. Art quilts are something I haven’t got into properly. I can never come up with the inspiration on my own. If given a set of guidelines I’m fine but I never get the original spark myself

6. Julie in GA says:

Great quilts! The third one is especially intriguing with the stitching that continues the ladder shapes, and I love the different sizes of ladders in the last quilt.

7. Luann says:

I especially like the one in the third picture. I think it’s how you did the quilting, and extended the ladders into the background. Very clever!!
    Luann

8. Had you taken a workshop when you were making your ladder series? I like them.

9. Krista says:

I like your ladder quitls. That’s a very neat idea. And thanks for linking up at Throwback Thursday today.