Design Wall Monday

Most of my design work this weekend was at the frame. I wanted to try out some curved cross hatching in this quilt. I decided to surround it with feathers to fill in the space.

I like the curved crosshatch but am less thrilled with my feathers. I will not rip them out. Too much work. This is taking quite a while but I think it will be worth it in the end.

I still have these lattice blocks up on the wall. I hope to start sewing them together this week.

I went to a small antique market with hubby yesterday. I found this piece of vintage fabric.

Denyse Schmidt reproduced this fabric, changing the scale and color way, in her Flea Market Fancy line. Given my love for her fabric lines, I was quite pleased to find this bit of her original inspiration.

Linking up with Patchwork Times, Cooking Up Quilts

15 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. Kathy h says:

I love your feathers. Beautiful quilting. And the design looks great with this quilt.

2. Kathy says:

I like your grid and feathers. It’s going to be a great quilt.

3. Janet O. says:

I’ve only done curved crosshatching once. Love the effect, but it was time consuming.
    Why are we always so critical of our own work? Your feathers give wonderful eye appeal!

4. sdaurio says:

Love the curved cross hatching. For some extra fun, try micro stitching every other one, gives it a whole new look.

5. Lea says:

All I see is lovely feathers! Wow!

6. Cathy says:

The quilting looks wonderful!

7. I like the curved grid. And there’s nothing wrong with your feathers — they look great. They are better than anything I would be able to do.

8. Judy D in WA says:

Wow Katy, it looks fabulous! As a quilter, I’m terrified to do feathers, I think they look fabulous! What a fabric find!

9. Kathy D says:

Fan club is not disappointed – the curved cross hatching and feathers look wonderful form this end.

10. Leslie says:

yay for finding that fabric! what a find! loving your quilting and your quilts! I love the DS fabric, I have quite a bit but missing some but can’t wait to make a quilt with mine!

11. Diane Howell says:

I love the curved quilting. It looks wonderful. Also, that vintage fabric is fantastic. — Diane

12. Cécile says:

That’s a very beautiful quilting !!

13. I love your feathers and there is no way I would rip them out! Lovely! I think cross-hatching is great, and curved cross-hatching is even better. I love where this is going! Thanks for linking up to Main Crush Monday! 🙂

14. Bonnie in Va says:

wonderful quilting. You do a beautiful job. I do know we are our own worst critics!

15. dezertsuz says:

The curves are nice, but I LOVE the feathers! Those look stupendous. I like your new banner, too. That lattice quilt will be wonderful. I like those and made one a few years ago, but not nearly smart enough to make the corners the same, like your reds and blues! How exciting that you found that vintage fabric!