Finish It Up Friday

Instead of my hero, Spidey has been my nemesis this week! But in the end, I think I won. It isn’t perfect, but I think my little guy will like it. After all, he loved the panel when I got it home from the store!

It was probably big enough to create a twin size quilt! But I wasn’t that ambitious. Besides, he needs a drag around quilt, not a bed quilt. This panel must not have been licensed, do you see that is says “Spider Hero” instead of Spider Man? LOL
  This is the furry throw blanket I purchased at a Ross store to use for the backing. It was a whopping $7.99.

I had some trouble with the furry stuff poking through to the top but I persevered and in the end, washing helped.

I tried to take my first pictures too early in the morning and the light was terrible!
  Between the furry backing and the poly batt, it  sure turned out fluffy!

My Avante never had an issue quilting with this. I ended up binding it on my vintage Singer 301 instead of my Bernina though. For some reason, it does NOT like this kind of backing fabric. When I tried binding the last quilt I used this stuff on, I threw it out of time and had to get it repaired! So the binding is kind of wonky but it will have to do.

I made a pillow case to go along with it.

With all it’s issues, I am sure this little guy will love it. He seems to really appreciate quilts. He inspected many of mine when he was here at Christmas!

It should arrive in the mail for him on Saturday.  I can’t wait! I love this little guy!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts, Crazy Mom Quilts, Quokka Quilts, Quilt Shop Gal

This entry was posted in Finishes, Free Motion Quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Luann says:

Great finish!
    I got the two charity quilt tops quilted and trimmed. They are ready for the binder to do her part.
    I did get the Red Snapper System and it was so worth my investment. I would have done up my own system, but couldn’t find the proper size parts, and the employees that were supposed to help me just couldn’t wrap their head around what I was trying to do!! Funny how if you aren’t a quilter you can’t Phaethon why someone would want 12′ of anything to go with a ?longarm? Leader. And explaining it just got funnier by the minute. However, talk about ‘on and off the frame fast’ !! Yes indeed. I can see why shops that rent ‘time’ on their machine wouldn’t want to get them. They would lose at least 1/2 hour rental time. Not very productive for them. But for me, a blessing. And I get between my bars and do the backing’s top first, then the bottom from in front of the machine.
    Luann. http://Www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com

2. Barb Vedder says:

wow – you really brought spidey to life! What a cutie – he’ll love it!!

3. It’s amazing. He’s going to love it. The quilting is awesome.

4. Kathy D says:

Just the right quilt at just the right time for a special little boy. He will no doubt love this wonderful gift from nana!

I love how your quilt turned out. He is going to love it. Hugs,

6. maartjequilt says:

Your boy is lucky with such a great quilt. Congrats with this finish!!!

7. WOW!! You did a AWESOME job quilting this!! Your little guy is going to be over the moon!! What a grandma!

8. Cécile says:

Evidently you love him !! And you’ve made such a wonderful work !!
    The quilting is awesome and I’m sure this little boy will be happy tomorrow !!
    After WonderWoman, here is Wonder Grandma !!

Oh, Katy! It’s JUST fabulous!! My youngest (now 46) was a huge Spiderman fan. I even made him a costume (hood/face mask included) one Halloween.

10. The quilting you did on this is fabulous! The little one it’s intended for is going to love it.

11. obed101 says:

I love it, and so glad you mentioned the Avante, I have had mine for almost 2 years now and am just beginning to explor what it can do.

Spidey looks 3D ——- fabulous job!

12. What a great job you’ve done on this quilt. I am sure it will be much loved. Beautiful quilting, just perfect!

13. Rochelle says:

What an awesome job. The quilting is so wonderful and any errors will never be seen unless you point them out. About sewing machines and binding…..they have a mind of their own!!

14. Terri says:

Katy, another outstanding quilt that I am sure Liam will love. It looks so comfy and inviting. Love the web design you did

15. Tania says:

Your Spiderman quilt looks amazing…

16. Janet O. says:

Wonderful job! I’m sure he will love it.

17. laura says:

You’ve done a great job on the quilting! I’m sure he will love it! thanks for linking up with TGIFF

18. Edwina Finet says:

What an inspiring project! Your quilting is absolutely beautiful, and I don’t see any wonkiness in the pictures. It must be a minor thing, that only a perfectionist would spot???? P.S. It takes one to spot one—Ha!

19. Kathy says:

That quilting is perfect for that quilt … and I think it turned out spectacularly! Of course he’ll love it!

20. PattiP says:

I love the back. The quilting IS perfect!

21. This is awesome and the quilting is wonderful!!