WIP Wednesday

I feel like I am finally getting back into the groove sewing wise after our trip. I finished off Spider Man (sounds ominous!). I will show him to you on Friday. I need to get him shipped off today.

I got these leftover blocks sewn together and the border added.

Then I noticed this:

I hate when that happens! But I am leaving it. This currently measures 52 inches square. I am playing with an ipad app called Adobe Ideas to help me decide how to quilt it.

You are basically drawing with your finger tip with this app. And clearly, I am not good a that! But it does help to visualize the quilting.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced, Sew Fresh Quilts

12 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Kathy says:

Oops on the patch lining up with the same fabric in the border. I hate when that happens but I’d leave it too. If you stand back 2-3 feet, I’ll bet it’s not even noticeable.

2. Yeah for Spiderman! Thanks for the tip on the iPad app.

3. Quiltmouse says:

Yay for getting Spiderman in the mail! I’m visual and an App like that would be useful. I have a hard time imagining how something would look.

4. Myra says:

That quilt would make a lovely table topper! For sure, you are the only one who’d notice that one patch is the same fabric. I couldn’t even find it until the third time I circled around. You can use this app to help you visualize your Gravity quilting!

5. GigTog says:

Now I have an extra reason to be excited for Friday! I can’t wait to see Spidey finished (off!!!). Thank you for sharing about the app Katy. I had no idea it existed!
    ~Dori

6. viridian says:

Really, no one will notice. I didn’t until you pointed it out (then still had trouble finding the spot in the quilt top.)

7. Jayne says:

We try so hard not to do that! But it happens and in no way takes away from your beautiful quilt! At least with the iPad app, you can get ideas on the quilting! Whatever you do it will be gorgeous!

8. That little patch is totally unnoticeable in the overall scheme of the quilt! Very pretty, and love your quilting scheme too! Can’t wait to see Spiderman – still singing that song in my head….thanks to your lovely quilt!

9. Nancy says:

It is always fun to find a quilt with some of the same fabrics I have and notice how the quilter has used them. And you used them beautifully in this quilt. The block that matches the border — only the quilter notices those things, I think, and only when looking very closely. It’s not obvious. Your app looks very fun. Thanks for sharing.

10. seldear says:

Ah yes, accidental side-by-side fabric positioning in a quilt. The horror of quilters everywhere – and inevitably only found once everything is sewn together, with the option of either picking it apart and reswing, or just living with it!

But your quilt looks lovely and I’m pretty sure most people won’t notice. (And if they do, it’s a “feature”, not a “bug”! ;D )

11. Kathy Wollin says:

I can’t find the app in the App Store.

12. Gina says:

Love the idea of that app. Would save a load of scribbled paper in this house