DWMonday

I hope you all had a great weekend. We sure did. Hubby is home from his business trip and we spent a lot of time with Daughter #1 and family and Daughter #2. I finished the rest of my lattice blocks and they are up on the design wall now.

2015/08/img_3705.jpg
I also have the last four leftover blocks from the sister quilt up.

2015/08/img_3707.jpg
I would like to put these together and add a border to make a baby quilt. I want to really play with my long arm templates and do some custom quilting on this.

But this is the project I would like to start today if I have time. I purchased this panel for big brother Liam when I was out in Arizona.

He loved little brother Lincoln’s quilt with the soft minky type backing. So I bought this throw to use as the backing. It was much cheaper than buying yardage at the fabric store.

I will use a low loft poly batting and see how it goes. I am thinking I will free hand spider webs in the background. I hope he likes it as much as he liked little brother’s quilt!

We shall see if I actually get anything done today with my helper:

2015/08/img_3680.jpg

If he takes a good nap, I might get Spider Man loaded on the frame!

Linking up with Patchwork Times and Cooking Up Quilts

13 Responses to DWMonday

1. You lattice quilt is looking great and it went together so quickly – even with a bit of travel thrown in there. Have fun quilting!

2. Kate says:

Love your lattice blocks! What a great way to use up scraps. That Spidee panel is great. That’s going to be a really fun quilt.

3. Bonnie in Va says:

What a great idea. Your spiderman quilt sounds like it will be great! I look forward to seeing it finished.

4. I think spider webs would be awesome. Adorable little helper.

5. Stephie says:

Your lattice blocks are beautiful – and I think spider’s webs would be great on the panel! What a lucky boy!

He is adorable! I think the spiderman quilt is a great idea. Hugs,

I can’t wait to see how Spidey turns out! Be sure to let us know how the backing works.

8. That Spiderman panel is really cool – I would like that quilt! And your helper is so adorable, I bet you’ll have fun playing with him today! 🙂

9. Kathy D says:

I’m thinking Liam will go nuts over his “spidey” quilt; can’t wait to see how it and the quilt from leftover sister blocks turns out. Enjoy your sweet company today!

10. Cécile says:

Oh come on sweet little boy ! Have a looong nap ! Your GM has some quilting work to make !! :))

11. Kathy says:

That Spider Man panel with the soft backing will be fantastic!! And I love the idea of adding a border and making a baby quilt out of those leftover blocks from the sister quilt. I can only imagine the fabulous quilting in those large open areas. I can’t wait to see it.

12. Kathy Hoback says:

LOVE spider man; how cute is that! I can hardly wait to see how he turns out, with the spider web quilting design. Your grandchildren are blessed indeed to have you in their lives.

13. Janet O. says:

Love how the lattice quilt is coming along.
    Your leftover blocks will make a sweet baby quilt.
    Who needs to load a quilt when they have such a handsome gentleman keeping them company? : )