DWMonday

I hope you all had a great weekend. We sure did. Hubby is home from his business trip and we spent a lot of time with Daughter #1 and family and Daughter #2. I finished the rest of my lattice blocks and they are up on the design wall now.

2015/08/img_3705.jpg
I also have the last four leftover blocks from the sister quilt up.

2015/08/img_3707.jpg
I would like to put these together and add a border to make a baby quilt. I want to really play with my long arm templates and do some custom quilting on this.

But this is the project I would like to start today if I have time. I purchased this panel for big brother Liam when I was out in Arizona.

He loved little brother Lincoln’s quilt with the soft minky type backing. So I bought this throw to use as the backing. It was much cheaper than buying yardage at the fabric store.

I will use a low loft poly batting and see how it goes. I am thinking I will free hand spider webs in the background. I hope he likes it as much as he liked little brother’s quilt!

We shall see if I actually get anything done today with my helper:

2015/08/img_3680.jpg

If he takes a good nap, I might get Spider Man loaded on the frame!

Linking up with Patchwork Times and Cooking Up Quilts

13 Responses to DWMonday

1. Janet O. says:

Love how the lattice quilt is coming along.
    Your leftover blocks will make a sweet baby quilt.
    Who needs to load a quilt when they have such a handsome gentleman keeping them company? : )

2. Kathy Hoback says:

LOVE spider man; how cute is that! I can hardly wait to see how he turns out, with the spider web quilting design. Your grandchildren are blessed indeed to have you in their lives.

3. Kathy says:

That Spider Man panel with the soft backing will be fantastic!! And I love the idea of adding a border and making a baby quilt out of those leftover blocks from the sister quilt. I can only imagine the fabulous quilting in those large open areas. I can’t wait to see it.

4. Cécile says:

Oh come on sweet little boy ! Have a looong nap ! Your GM has some quilting work to make !! :))

5. Kathy D says:

I’m thinking Liam will go nuts over his “spidey” quilt; can’t wait to see how it and the quilt from leftover sister blocks turns out. Enjoy your sweet company today!

6. That Spiderman panel is really cool – I would like that quilt! And your helper is so adorable, I bet you’ll have fun playing with him today! 🙂

I can’t wait to see how Spidey turns out! Be sure to let us know how the backing works.

He is adorable! I think the spiderman quilt is a great idea. Hugs,

9. Stephie says:

Your lattice blocks are beautiful – and I think spider’s webs would be great on the panel! What a lucky boy!

10. I think spider webs would be awesome. Adorable little helper.

11. Bonnie in Va says:

What a great idea. Your spiderman quilt sounds like it will be great! I look forward to seeing it finished.

12. Kate says:

Love your lattice blocks! What a great way to use up scraps. That Spidee panel is great. That’s going to be a really fun quilt.

13. You lattice quilt is looking great and it went together so quickly – even with a bit of travel thrown in there. Have fun quilting!