July Finishes and August Goals

Another month has flown by! It goes even faster when you spend a good chunk of it out of town. Totally worth it though!

Here are my goals for July:

1. Top of the list is to quilt and bind the first sister quilt. DONE and delivered!

IMG_3527

2. Since little Lincoln is here, I am going to make a label for his baby quilt. I made this last fall out of shirts worn by my son, my hubby, and my dad. DONE and delivered!

IMG_0947

3. I would also like to get the 16 patch quilt finished for the guest room. DONE!

IMG_3679
4. I would like to decide on a pattern for the second sister quilt. Not done. Not even an idea as of yet.

5. I would like to make a small quilt out of my leader ender HSTs. DONE!

FullSizeRender (1)

6. I want to decide on my next leader/ender project. Not done. I am not sure why it is so hard to decide on something this simple! I am guessing it is because I want to come up with a bigger project this time.

Now, what else did I accomplish?

I finished this second quilt for Lincoln.

IMG_3499

And I started two new projects, my EPP  project:

IMG_3322 And my scrappy lattice blocks:

IMG_3668

Time to plan for August.

1. I want to finish my scrappy lattice blocks and perhaps get them into a finished top.

2. Since my little Liam liked brother’s quilt so well, I plan to make him a quick quilt with a soft backing.

3. I am again going to try to come up with a plan  for Sister Quilt #2.

4. Still want to come up with a good leader/ender project.

I feel like I haven’t had enough time in the sewing room lately to even decide what I truly want to work on next so these goals don’t seem like much to me.  I hope to remedy that in the next week. But hubby came home from his business trip last night so it won’t happen today! Have a great weekend!

This entry was posted in Goals. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to July Finishes and August Goals

1. Louise says:

Congratulations Katy, you have had a very productive month! Love your Hapi 16 patch.

I’d say you were quite productive in the month of July considering you traveled, etc. There will be times that you feel you haven’t been in the sewing room as much as you’d like, BUT you have been spending time with loved ones and that more than makes up for it.

3. Cécile says:

I wish you a great weekend for you and your family !
    You’ve done a great work with beautiful quilts this month !!!!!

4. Perhaps not having too tight a goal list for August might mean there’s some sort of spontaneous project about to emerge! I’ve just amazed myself by making a cushion cover within a day of thinking up the idea and the design – there wasn’t even time to add it to a to do list! Have great weekend.

5. Mary says:

I love looking at all you accomplish! Explain about your enders and leaders! I don’t understand.
    Thanks.

6. You had a productive July. Way to go!!!

I always enjoy seeing a recap of what you finished. You do such good work. Hugs,

8. Janet O. says:

That quilt out of shirts really calls to me. Everything you do is great, but that one made me stare–for quite a while! : )

9. Kathy says:

All things considered, I think you had a pretty productive month … with some lovely finishes and fabulous starts. I can’t wait to see what you get done this month.

10. Terri says:

I love seeing all your goals and plans at month end. Your quilts small and large are great. Yes I loved the pictures of Liam with Lincoln’s quilt, very cute